Shimmick is seeking a highly talented Proposal Manager
to be based out of Sunrise, FL
. This challenging position will provide an excellent growth opportunity while improving the infrastructure of the city.
At Shimmick, we are problem solvers. Creative thinkers. Innovators. We approach each project with fresh ideas and big thinking in pursuit of better answers, better outcomes, and better experiences for our clients. We are resourceful, nimble and resilient. We work hard together—and with our clients—to deliver high-quality projects that are on time, on budget and beyond expectations. National Division
Shimmick’s National Division operates throughout the central and eastern U.S. Comprised of legacy companies, such as Morrison Knudsen, Washington Group, and others, this division has decades-long history of delivering successful transportation, transit, mining infrastructure, and water resources projects. In addition to state DOTs and transit agencies, the National Division has delivered more than $5 billion in work for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, primarily in the water resources (dams, reservoirs, locks, levees) sector. The National Division is delivering Oklahoma Turnpike Authority’s first build-finance project, the $260 million Gilcrease Expressway project in Tulsa, Oklahoma.Primary Responsibilities
- Ensures that business unit proposals are fully and successfully executed from start to finish.
- Leads and participates in all aspects of proposal preparation including the development and collection of materials (project job descriptions, resumes, etc.), technical writing, graphics, document editing, content review and recovery, printing, and final document assembly.
- Provides marketing-related services including presentations, project-specific qualifications material, and other material to supplement business development, marketing, and proposal efforts.
- Responsible for the quality and consistency of the Company’s professional image in all client communications, proposals, and collateral material.
- The proposal manager is responsible for working with the Operations & Management (O&M) business unit to provide proposal management and marketing services to include overseeing multiple statement of qualifications and proposal efforts for programs ranging in size from $20M to $250M for various city and state tolling agencies. At times when the O&M business unit is not actively engaged in a proposal process, the proposal manager may be requested to assist other Shimmick business units in their proposal efforts when feasible.
Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assembles general and project specific information on Company qualifications and experience. Prepares SOQs, presentations, and brochures.
- Proposal Planning: Prepares formal plans for responding to RFQs and RFPs, including proposal schedules, compliance matrices, work plans, and content development.
- Collaborates with Business Development and Operations to develop themes, strategies, outlines, budgets, and work schedules. Supports assembly of proposal teams and establishes proposal facilities. May assist with identification of proposal consultants.
- Collaborates and coordinates with other team members and subcontractors during the proposal development process.
- Proposal Development: Organizes proposal activities in response to RFQs and RFPs. Coordinates input from O&M team members and other appropriate departments to develop proposal work plans and other tools to successfully and efficiently deliver winning submissions.
- Writes and edits proposal narratives with input from technical experts and other managers to verify technical accuracy and incorporate key messages consistent with project goals.
- Monitors content as it is developed to ensure responsiveness to the RFP, Company’s prescribed win strategy, quality, budget, and work schedule. Edits input as appropriate.
- Uses various technologies to assure high-quality, finished product that is completed and delivered to the client on schedule.
- Presentations: Prepares client/opportunity specific, internal, and trade show presentations.
- Works with Business Development and operations to develop themes, strategies, and content.
- Applies multimedia technology to convey message as appropriate.
- Branding: Ensures compliance with company image, signature standards and guidelines.
- Marketing Database: Maintains, and manages a database of past proposal documents, marketing material on internal company histories, project experience, staff resumes, project photos, and other information required for proposal activities such as boilerplate, customer, joint venture partner, and subcontractor information.
- Special Assignments: May research, analyze, write, and edit non-technical and technical reports. May organize client events or tradeshow participation and provide marketing-related services as needed.
- Inter-Group Communications: Communicates with other Groups or entities to obtain companywide qualification and experience information, resumes, technical input, boilerplate information, etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing/Communications, Journalism, English, Construction Management or related field + 8 years of relevant experience working on proposals and/or managing large documents and/or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- History of working on large, complex project proposals including coordination of multiple departments, writers, and subject matter experts.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign and Photoshop.
- Ability to travel and work away from home, when necessary.
- Willingness to work varying schedule with levels of evening and weekend work as required by demands.
- Strong writing skills including an understanding of the elements of style and English grammar.
Notice To Third Party Agencies
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- Relocation and per diem support are not available for this position.
Please note that Shimmick does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Shimmick will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Shimmick explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shimmick.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe In Design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Business Development