***A Bachelor's Degree in one of the following fields is required for this position: Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architecture***
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Responsible for prioritizing, scheduling, budgeting, and supervising Engineering and Facilities Capital and Expensed projects.
2. Writes contracts and supervises contractor work on site.
3. Provide Project Management Leadership and assists with the creation of the one (1) year and five (5) year CAPEX list.
4. Manages project work inside/outside Casino, delivery aisles, site, parking lot, and leased buildings as needed.
5. Ensures contractors work safety according to CAL OSHA requirements.
6. Develops critical project solutions, schedules, cost estimates, and work order assignments for project work.
7. Provides leadership for code compliance and regulatory issues (CUPA, SCAQMD, SPCC).
8. Provides project management leadership for ADA compliance projects.
9. Responsible for safety and environmental regulations as part of project work.
10. Creates inspection reports, administers, and provides project plans for execution.
11. Trains staff on new equipment and systems as required.
12. Creates equipment documentation packages for use by Engineering and F&B.
13. Meets with department heads on a regular basis to review project solutions, costs, and schedules.
14. Bid, hire, supervise and contract with outside vendors, and/ or contractors as required.
15. Make purchases as required.
16. Attend meetings, make presentations as requested.
17. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering & Facilities.
18. Assist, supervise and coordinate the installation and repair of electrical, mechanical and architectural systems throughout the facility to ensure safety and efficiency
19. Assume responsibilities of Engineering team in absence of Director and/or Sr. Engineering Manager.
20. Due to the nature of business, the incumbent may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director of Engineering & Facilities.
Oversee, direct and coordinate the work of designated staff.
Make independent decisions.
Select, supervise, train and evaluate designated staff.
Trains staff on building management systems, work order programs, departmental software and other miscellaneous systems.
Work Experience Required:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Experience in managing/ supervising an engineering or maintenance department. Knowledge of CAL OSHA, ADA, and code requirements.
Good organizational, multi-tasking and follow through skills.
Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Must be able to walk, climb, kneel over and complete other physical movements during inspections.
Must be able to speak, read and understand English.
Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the position.