Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Lighting (HLI) is committed to elevating the lighting experience. Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with Hubbell’s unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light. As one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America, it features a suite of brands that provide a full range of indoor and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential markets.
701 Millennium Blvd.
Greenville, SC 29607
Administrative, analytical and customer relations position responsible for responding by direct or written communication to Progress Lighting Account Managers, sales agents, and Progress Lighting distributor requests, concerns and/or complaints. Handles quotations for projects utilizing Progress Lighting fixtures, which is critical to the future growth and profitability of Progress Lighting. Must thoroughly understand company’s products and their applications. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals along with ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Work is performed under moderate supervision. Handles China direct shipments for client to present documents to bank allowing timely payment to HLI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides assistance to Quotation’s Supervisor for special pricing projects including gathering, organizing and maintaining competitive product information.
- Interacts heavily with Sales force, Customer Service, Technical Service, Product Marketing and Engineering.
- Manages on a timely basis Quotes for an assigned territory to ensure consistent and competitive positioning of Progress Lighting branded products in the market place for job business.
- Authorizes and manages customer specific pricing for accounts in specific regions of responsibility for day-to-day stock pricing.
- Utilizes pricing optimization software to improve margins while insuring a high rate of landed job business at a competitive market level.
- Key objective is for optimization of company sales and profit through effective pricing management.
- Trains other Quotation Department personnel on pricing policies, negotiation strategies and support systems.
- Provides feedback to Quotation’s Manager on pricing and competitive trends.
- Provides training to order entry and customer service personnel on how to use the quote system and stock pricing to assist them in handling customer inquiries and order entry.
- Issues and maintains quotations for Progress Lighting.
- Reviews and approves or denies pricing related debits/credits.
- Performs periodic pricing audits as warranted or as identified by the Quotations Manager.
- Requires the ability to deal professionally with a high degree of integrity with confidential information such as pricing, costs, commissions and financial results.
- Ability to comprehend process required in preparing documents needed to present to bank to ensure timely payment for client direct shipments.
- Ensures submittal deadlines are met with bank and/or buyer along with resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on Business or combination of education and experience in related company or industry.
- 3-5 years experience in related company or industry experience and exposure to bidding process, negotiation, rep/company interaction and strong organizational skills.
- Solid decision making and analytical skills with the understanding that decisions will affect the profitability of the company as a whole.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Capable of operating in continual mode of negotiation, coaching and decision-making.
- Computer literate.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Customer Relationship Management