GL Accountant - Ensign Services in San Antonio, TX
Ensign Services is presently seeking a talented and energetic GL Accountant for our Local shared Service Center in San Antonio, Texas. We work as part of a larger team located in Arizona and California. Ensign Services, Inc. is the most dynamic company in the exploding healthcare services field today, serving 250+ long-term care facilities, 17 urgent care centers, and 35+ home health and hospice agencies, with over 30,000 employees in fourteen states. These operations have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the shared "Service Centers". A world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual operations.
What sets Ensign Services apart from other companies is the quality of our most valuable resource-our people. On a daily basis, we focus on living out our Culture:
- C – Celebration - We celebrate success, accomplishments, and goals met. And have Fun!
- A – Accountability – We give you the training and tools to meet the high standards for our team.
- P – Passion for Learning - We want to be at the forefront of change; there is always something we can learn.
- L – Love One Another - Treat others the way you want to be treated. It’s simple, yet effective.
- I – Intelligent Risk Taking - If something makes sense, we’re willing to give it a try.
- C – Customer Second - We take care of our team first, it reflects positively on our service to our Operators their attitude, which affects everyone around them, from teammates to Operators.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with being a member of our culture? Are you eager to make a difference? The incorporation of these principles at all levels of our organization allows our employees to feel valued and excited about their impact on the operational partners and service center team members. Our culture fosters excellence personally and professionally and promotes development that leads to continued success.
The GL Accountant position is based in our Local Service Center in San Antonio, Texas.
• Responsibilities of this key position include:
- Participate as a team member to be a local expert for our partners in Operations, interacting with facility Executive Directors and resources for successful financial performance.
- Provide status of financial conditions by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data. Directly impact and develop measures and metrics for our Field Leadership.
- Lead complex projects that require team effort with accounting teams and our partners in Operations.
- Attend field leadership meetings to develop relationships with Field Leadership and help their understanding of Financial close process.
- Self-motivated to seize growth opportunities and improve processes without direct supervision or over sight.
- Responsible for the general ledger month-end close of 10-12 locations, generating and reviewing operating statements, compare actual results to historical trends and investigate and explain variances; analyze key accounts.
- Ensure deadlines for month-end close and financial reporting requirements are met and all accounting and reporting activities are performed in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and applicable SOX controls for completeness.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an accounting function is required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Pursuing CPA License in Texas
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills are necessary for success in this role
- Strong Excel skills preferred
- Proven strong Customer Service and interaction with end users of financial data.
- Experience in a central location managing field accounting activities is preferred
- Must be a strong team player and leader, highly motivated and able to work and prioritize under pressure during peak periods
- Able to work some off-hours necessary to complete the close process.
- Great Plains experience a plus
- Skilled nursing healthcare experience a plus
We are committed to providing a competitive Total Rewards Package that meets our employee’s needs.
From a choice of medical, dental and vision plans to retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k), company match and various other features, we offer a comprehensive benefits package. We believe in great work and we celebrate our employees' efforts and accomplishments both locally and companywide. In addition to recognition we believe in supporting our employees' professional growth and development. We provide employees a wide range of free e-courses through our Learning Management System as well as training sessions and seminars.
The location for this position is:
Parklane West Healthcare Center
2 Towers Park Lane
San Antonio TX 78209-6410
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
URL blocked - click to apply
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles