Job ID: 154996
Come join Dolomite Products Co., Inc. and begin the rest of your future with us. Dolomite’s recruiting Vision Statement is to provide a World Class development program that attracts, retains, and produces emerging leaders within Dolomite and throughout Oldcastle. By combining a whole company approach with individual mentorship, formal and hands-on education, we provide an opportunity for our employees to be immersed in our cultural values that have lead us to profitability and success. Start your career today and apply!!
Perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and clean up rubble, debris and other waste materials. May assist other craft workers.This work is conducted under direction of the Project Superintendent by performing the following dutiesKey Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Control traffic passing near, in, or around work zones.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
- Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed.
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications.
- Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, or other temporary structures.
- Position or dismantle forms for pouring concrete, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Engage in good work procedures and work standards that will ensure adequate performance and personnel safety
- Complete work to ensure conformance to specifications, standards, and contract requirements
- Maintain and clean tools, equipment, or materials to ensure items are in usable condition.
- Listen to supervisory personnel, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems
- Participate in company safety rules, safety meetings and in tool box talks
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual.
- Strict adherence to Dolomite policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Requires daytime, nighttime & some weekend hours. Travel will be required inside the company’s operational area.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to: Fall Protection, Gloves, Hard Hat, Hearing Protection, Padlocks for Lockout/Tagout, Safety (hard toe) Shoes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in paving industry a plus.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Excellent communications skills
The employee will be required to walk several miles per day, occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and traveling over irregular terrain. Some tasks involve prolong periods of standing, color discrimination, exposure to noise or weather. The employee may be required to lift up to 50 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply!
Dolomite Products Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Dolomite Products Co., Inc. is part of the URL blocked - click to apply network.
Personal Protective Equipment
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)