Safety boots required prior to NEO training.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform process equipment cleaning and organization within the Fractionation department.
* Maintain Fractionation area housekeeping (per GMP compliance) such as: cleaning walls, floors, doors, drains, windows, and other general surface areas.
* Empty trash containers and maintain an adequate amount of cleaning supplies.
* Perform removal of hazardous waste.
* Supports all local manufacturing operations.
* Supply components, small parts, tubing, etc.
* Complete relevant paperwork following GDP/GMP guidelines.
* Manually clean all portable equipment, small parts, plastic tubing and equipment.
* Receive and distribute supplies into the production area as necessary.
* Train other technicians
* May perform other duties as assigned.
* Able to assist with prioritization of assignments in order to maximize support for the Fractionation production area.
* Must have good written and verbal communication skills and understanding of cGMP regulations.
* Familiarity with pharmaceutical production equipment including but not limited to CIP.
* Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions.
* Good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
* This position requires shift, weekend and holiday work. Overtime may be required at times.
* The incumbent must work in a clean room environment wearing special garments. Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
* Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
* May require immunization before performing work within the manufacturing area.
Education and/or experience:
- Requires AA degree or high school diploma with 0-2 years related manufacturing experience. Ability to read, write, speak English and communicate effectively. Should possess basic math skills. Previous work related experience is preferred. Some college experience is preferred.
Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
* In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
* Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
* No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
* Will work in a cold, wet environment.
* Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
* Must be able to work overtime as required.
* May be required to work in a confined area.
* Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
Personal Protective Equipment