Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Project Manager – IT will be part of OC automation Team and will be responsible for the coordination and completion of projects across various functional areas and also supports redesigning processes in line with business requirements and the organization’s automation strategy.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Ensure that project scope, requirements and approvals comply with current governance guidelines and methodology (e.g., RSA process, Agile, Waterfall)
- Proven Track record of IT project delivery, understanding business strategy, profound industry know how on Process Automation, RPA, etc.
- Ability to communicate with cross functional teams to collect requirement, describe and clarify strategy and specify solution features
- Work with geographically distributed teams and mentor teammates in a fast-paced environment
- Define the business problem and primary objectives of new projects. Identify and validate the key business requirements
- Lead or contribute to the development of program or project scope statements, in consultation with applicable stakeholders (e.g. Program/project charter, Statement of ---Work, Business Vision Document)
- Perform feasibility analysis and work closely with the project team to prioritize deliverables
- Ensure that all impacted areas are identified, and that appropriate resources are engaged to participate in the scope definition process
- Monitor scope requirements and identify scope-related gaps and issues
- Ensure that all project dependencies/linkages are identified (e.g., hardware, software, licensing, PRDs, budgets, timelines, regulatory due dates, contracts/NDAs, cross-project dependencies, implementation timelines)
- Identify opportunities and integration with other process automation tools as appropriate
- Obtain agreement on project scope from applicable stakeholders, and ensures that requirements
- Supporting existing processes and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process.
- Manage delivery & project plans in line with agreed standards/SLAs
- Work within project planning constraints, communicate any project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager
- Ensure full sign-off from relevant business, functional & infrastructure stakeholders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer applications, software engineering or High School Diploma/GED and 4 years of additional experience as stated in the minimum qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager IT / Delivery Management to include experience with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), including Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Applied knowledge of project Management tools e.g. Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Confluence, Jira, CA Rally etc.
- Ability to interact with business operation and technical team effectively to drive the projects
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience in Analytics, ML & AI
- Experience in healthcare
- Experience in advanced automation or data analytics solutions
- PMP Certification
- Experience managing people
- Ability to work in the Phoenix, AZ office
- A team player who can successfully manage multiple activities, assess priorities, and achieve solutions under tight deadlines for themselves
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to provide clear explanations and overviews to others (internal and external) of their work efforts
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Technical Project Manager, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote