To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irvine, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Service Engineer - Base or Senior (Irvine, California, US)
Kia Motors America • Irvine, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Need a positive switch in your career? Kia Motors America is one of the world’s fastest growing automotive companies in the US. We are always looking to add smart, talented individuals to the Kia team.
At Kia Motors America, innovation and reinvention are at the core of everything we do, and our willingness to challenge conventional thinking has transformed the brand into a recognized industry leader.
With an extensive lineup of world class products, Kia continues to grow and mature at a rapid rate. Our Marketing partnerships with the NBA, Super Bowl, Billboard Music Awards and others are raising brand awareness and challenging what people think they know about the Kia brand. Join us as we invite people to discover the “New Kia”.
The Service Engineer will be responsible for:
- Covers all PQ work related to the analysis of all Quality concerns with an specific model platform, including warranty data analysis, countermeasure investigation & validation and implementation on the field
- Coordinates the preparation of all work related to the publication of TSB and SA including draft reviews, time studies, analysis of labor times, parts needed, VIN list and final publication
- Review FPQR and complete TREAD coding per government mandates and other communication actions to the field
- Coordinates and executes go and see activities with KMC, NAQC and other subsidiary’ personnel.
- Executes product audits through a combination of in plant audits as well as Port of Entry (POE) audits. Report all findings and follow up to closure
- Lead IQS/VDS activities associated with their specific model line, including data analysis, suggestions for vehicle improvement, customer education activities (FFG) and other actions as needed to achieve corporate goals for quality
For quality improvement purposes, position requires continuous evaluation of Product Quality Test Fleet vehicles and will include driving outside of normal business hours. This requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license and good driving record.
Identify, investigate and analyze product quality/service problems in Kia vehicles
Coordinates the preparation of all work related to the publication of TSB and SA
Lead IQS/VDS activities associated with their specific model line
Coordinates and executes go and see activities with KMC, NAQC and other subsidiary’ personnel.
Executes product audits through a combination of in plant audits as well as Port of Entry (POE) audits.
Manage communication activities
Bachelor’s degree in engineering required or equivalent experience
- Experience with and/or affinity for BT/VR/Multi Media or similar systems preferred
- Strong working knowledge of automobile technology, with the ability to perform hands-on diagnostic, mechanical and electrical work on vehicle systems
- Strong analytical approach to problem resolution
Directly Related Experience
Directly Related Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 5+ years automotive industry experience in quality assurance or engineering environment preferred
Senior Service Engineer:
- Minimum of 10 years automotive industry experience in quality assurance or engineering environment
Excellent communication skills required (written and oral)
Ability to use common engineering measurement tools including dial indicator, micrometer, calipers, height gage, digital volt ohm meter and oscilloscope
Familiar with common service garage equipment including vehicle lift, alignment rack, A/C charging station, wheel balance machine, etc.
Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft software.
Adapting to Change
Championing Customer Needs
Delivering High Quality Work
Equal Employment Opportunities
KMA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, including pregnancy and childbirth and related medical conditions, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, legally protected physical disability or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status, protected veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. KMA complies with applicable law governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which KMA has offices. The KMA EEO policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
Disclaimer: The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification and for this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.