Overseeing/lead a team of design engineers responsible for applying mechanical engineering principles in the product development process of access systems solutions from concept ideation, design, prototype, testing, and commissioning to final production. Lead a cross-functional Team that owns the action plan to deliver new access systems solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise, lead, mentor, and develop design engineers responsible for applying mechanical engineering principles in product development.
• Direct and coordinate research and development procedures for new product development.
• Hire, lead, and mentor design engineers and supporting staff.
• Write performance reviews and resolve any personnel issues/conflicts.
• Develop and execute detailed project plans to develop new product to meet the market demand.
• Work with product management team to analyze market need and assign design engineering resources to address the need.
• Coordinate activities with other organizations, both internally and externally, to ensure the success of the project.
• Leading and participating in ideation workshops and other cross functional team workshops intended to develop concept, define design priorities, and determine design performance objectives or goals.
• Develop overall concepts for a new product or a new mechanical systems and components utilizing parametric 3D CAD software.
• Perform thorough dimensional and tolerance analysis from concept phase to the final release of the new or redesigned products
• Analyze mechanical systems' stress, fatigue and vibration utilizing finite element analysis.
• Develop procedures to validate and test mechanical systems and components, verifying compliance to performance or specification goals.
• Develop complete design drawing and mechanical specification for manufacturing and supply chain.
• Directs and coordinates fabrications and installation activities to ensure products and systems conforms to engineering design and customer specifications.
• Designs products to interface with machines, hardware, and software.
• 5+ years in engineering management. • 10+ years of mechanical engineering design & development experience; should include knowledge of manufacturing environment, preferably in consumer durable or packaged goods• 5+ years of Product and Project knowledge in the access systems industry• 5+ years of experience in Cradle to Grave design• Knowledge of mechanical engineering and product development principles and practices.• Excellent SolidWorks skills• Knowledge of design analysis utilizing finite element analysis.• Ability to lead DFMEA and PFMEA sessions.• Experience with rapid prototype design and build for proof of concept and usability testing.• Experience working in cross functional teams.• Good problem solving, Six Sigma training a plus. • Computer literate in MS Office products• Good written and oral presentation skills – for both internal groups as well as clients and trade groups/ seminars• Flexibility and adaptability• Action and results orientedEducation Requirements
Must have Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.Master’s in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.Physical/Work Environment Requirements
• Normal office environment.• Moderate travel – 20-30%
- Finite Element Methods
- Engineering Design Process
- Mechanical Engineering
- Solid Works (Cad)
- 3 D Modeling
- Fatigue (Material)