We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for collaborating to develop and execute the program vision and roadmap, prioritizing the team backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities. The role holds responsibility for maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features for the team and is the single point of accountability for maximizing the Return on Investment (ROI) of the development effort. The Senior Product Manager also has a significant role in quality control and is the only team member empowered to accept stories and sprints as complete.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop, adapt and own the product vision.
• Understand the users, the competition and future trends for the domain or type of system being developed.
• Learn and refine the product’s value stream (e.g. procurement upstream and marketing and sales downstream).
• Observe and analyze the market.
• Define the Minimum Marketable Product (MMP).
• Observe, contact and analyze customers and end users of the product.
• Write and develop new epics and user stories.
• Specify acceptance criteria for each user story.
• Order the product backlog (via ROI, cost-value, etc.).
• Participate in release planning.
• Groom product backlog.
• Prioritize the product backlog during the sprint planning meeting, the team selects the amount of work they believe they can do during each sprint, and how many sprints will be required.
• Provide feedback to the development team during a sprint.
• Participate in Scrum meetings:
o Provide sprint goals and new user stories for sprint planning.
o Reflect and take action as a team member in the sprint retrospective.
o Measure progress (e.g. value delivered to clients in each sprint).
• Maintain contact with every stakeholder and end user of the product regularly.
• Ensure alignment with other product managers in the organization.
• Share insights throughout the company regarding the product.
• Continuously learn about agile methodologies (e.g. visit user groups, attend conferences, read books, write blogs, etc.).
• Help the team to continuously improve their process.
• Manage a team and is responsible for the talent management process / performance.
Direct Report Position Titles
• Business Analyst
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree, in Computer Science or a related engineering field
• Experience: Minimum of 7+ years of experience working in software delivery as a product/program manager. Demonstrate advanced level proficiency in MS-Office including MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint. Demonstrate strong technology industry background in software, hardware and networking environments. Possess experience with web analytics tools such as Core-Metrics or Omniture.
• Product Management (PROD)
o Act as owner / advocate for one or more products or services, advising on standards, methods, tools, etc.
o Manage their lifecycle to ensure that, over time, the needs of the customers are profitably met.
o Liaise with customers and colleagues in other disciplines in determination of product positioning, coordination of product launch, marketing campaigns, and monitoring of product/service performance.
o Anticipate changes in market dynamics / models, adapt products, and create product retirement and transitioning strategies.
• Technical Specialism (TECH)
o Maintain an in-depth knowledge of specific specialisms, and provide detailed advice regarding their application.
o Can supervise specialist consultancy.
• Relationship Management (RLMT)
o Build long-term, strategic relationships with senior stakeholders.
o Act as a single point of contact and facilitate access to colleagues and subject experts.
o Maintain a strong understanding of industry and business, assist client in the formation of IT strategies, and acts to ensure that they are offered products and services aligned to these strategies.
o Influences the development and enhancement of services, products and systems, and oversees the management and planning of business opportunities.
• Performance Management (PEMT)
o Supervise individuals and teams.
o Allocate routine tasks and/or project work.
o Provide direction, support, and guidance as necessary, in line with individuals’ skills and abilities.
o Monitor progress against agreed quality and performance criteria.
o Act to facilitate effective working relationships between team members.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, use tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel required: Yes 10%+ of the time.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R19287
- Advertising Campaigns
- Agile Methodology
- Business Relationship Management
- Coremetrics (Software)