Job Title: Paramedic
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
Location: Ellis County, TX - Waxahachie - Red Oak - Italy - Palmer - Ennis
SUMMARY: The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred.
- Current state Paramedic License.
- Possess a valid State Driver's License and driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.
- Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, BTLS or PHTLS Provider Certification (where applicable or required by contract or state law).
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Basic Life Support
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2019-5736
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
All About AMR, the nation’s leading medical transportation companyNot Ready To Apply?
AMR serves more communities and customers than any other private ambulance service provider in the nation. But more importantly, AMR’s employees serve their local communities on a personal basis, as part of the community where they live and work. As medical professionals and as neighbors, your needs are our concerns.
With more than 17,000 paramedics, emergency medical technicians (EMTs), nurses, doctors, and support staff, AMR brings the strength of a national company to personalized care.
AMR’s national headquarters, located near Denver, Colorado, supports more than 250 community-based AMR operations nationwide. From Miami to Seattle, Hartford to San Diego, and hundreds of communities in between, AMR is ready to care for people and communities in need.
Our focus is clear, as stated our company’s values: Patient Focused, Customer Centered, Caregiver Inspired. These three phrases are at the heart of every call, in every community, every day.
From emergency 9-1-1 calls to non-emergency transports to specialized medical teams that serve remote wilderness areas, and more, AMR has the strength to provide patients and customers the right service at the right time. Our national reach and experience allow us to deliver the right service to communities as well, whether AMR manages the entire emergency medical system or engages in a private-public partnership to best serve an area’s need.
Understanding your needs. Connecting with best solutions.
That’s our business.
That’s our personal promise.
View the full profile