We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Technical Writer interested in joining our team in Reston, VA and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
• Coordinates technical writing projects. Researches, writes, edits, and proofreads complex technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications.
• Researches, writes, edits, and proofreads complex technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications to provide clients with information regarding technical areas in a less technical way
• Writes, organizes, enters and compiles complex online help files to support end users. Creates, compiles, and delivers complex system/software developmental documentation packages including, but not limited to narratives, logic diagrams, input and output samples, input preparation instructions, job setup information, etc., from technical project team inputs, system requirements analysis, system design specifications, technical system design, technical procedure development. Assists in establishing style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations to meet business needs.
• MS Plus 2 years of experience or equivalent
• Proven experience working in a technical writing position
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
• Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.