Montefiore Medical Center's Division of Clinical Pathology is responsible for the laboratory testing of blood, urine, and body fluids for disease diagnosis and health maintenance. Utilizing the latest advances in computer technology, the Division maintains millions of dollars of state-of-the-art automated equipment at its laboratory sites and services hospitals, nursing homes, the Montefiore Medical Group, faculty practices, and voluntary physicians' offices at more than 40 sites.
The Laboratory Supervisor in Microbiology is responsible for overseeing the operations of the laboratory on a day-to-day basis, per shift, to ensure highest quality of patient care while meeting regulatory and compliance requirements. The individual oversees staffs' performance, interactions, and quality of work. He/she is also responsible for managing the clinical operations, ensuring instrumentation and testing run smooth and without any issues or errors.
The Microbiology Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for enforcing compliance with any regulatory agency's requirements. The individual has staff reporting directly to him/her and has a human resource component responsibility. The Laboratory Supervisor is expected to be able to address and resolve any issues brought up to his/her attention, act as an active liaison between the laboratory and the clinical staff (physicians, nursing, etc.) and have direct and open lines of communication with other supervisors, the laboratory manager, site director, administration and others as needed.
* Oversee the day-to-day, per shift operations of the Laboratory in accordance with departmental goals and objectives
* Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies requirements. Review quality control data as required
* Ensure compliance with institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures
* Manage human resources: recruit, discipline, orient and train new staff members. Evaluate staff for competency and performance. Schedule and assign staff as needed
* Promote a respectful work environment in accordance with Montefiore Excellence standards of respect
* Investigate and follow up on issues, problems and complaints as brought up lab staff, management, and clinical staff
* Material management to ensure that reagent and supplies are acquired and in stock as needed
* Other duties as assigned by management
* Bachelor's Degree required
* In order to qualify for a supervisor position, as per NYS DOE, 6 years of bench experience as CLT required (2 years could be substituted for a Master's degree in Science or Arts).
* NYS DOE Clinical Laboratory Technologist license is required. ASCP registration or equivalent desirable
* Knowledge of Laboratory and hospital information system computers, Variety of automated equipment, Laboratory equipment are required
* Must be knowledgeable of regulatory agencies requirements, as well as Laboratory and MMC policies and procedures
* Must possess great communication skills and be able to manage highly stressful situations
This position is located in the Microbiology lab at the Moses campus. The scheduled hours are Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Department: Pathology Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: MOSES Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 111 East 210th Street, Bronx
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 9 AM-5:30 PM Req ID: 191281
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Clinical Works
- Health Care
- Hospital Information Systems
- Human Resources