AZZ GalvaBar - Catoosa
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, performing maintenance services in the areas of plumbing, electrical, welding, construction, painting and/or machine servicing.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Six months to one year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of hot dip galvanizing, steel fabrication or other custom metal coating operations is preferred. Knowledge of raw materials, production process, quality control and costs and knowledge of hand tools and equipment is preferred. Knowledge of specific and general safety policies and procedures as relates to the plant and the position is preferred.
- Repairs, replaces and reassembles defective equipment parts using hand and power tools.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on equipment and buildings.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems and determines how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals and part catalogs when necessary.
- Orders parts, supplies and equipment from catalogs and suppliers.
- Operates cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
Consists of smoke, irritating particular impurities, chemical fumes and hot and cold temperatures.
Majority of the time is spent standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and bending. Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. Must have good eye hand coordination.