POSITION: Certified Home Health Aide
Status : Full-time
LOCATION: South Bay, CA (Gardena, Lomita, Los Angeles, Torrance, Carson, Harbor City, Compton, Hwathrone, Wilmington, Long Beach, Rancho Palos Verdes, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, San Pedro, etc) and surrounding areas within 20 mile radius from Clinician's residence
The Neogen Care Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) works closely with, and under the supervision of, a Licensed/Certified Clinician. CHHAs provide our patients with skilled services and assistance with basic daily activities. As a CHHA, you will use your skills and experience to assist activities which support skilled services to patients including checking temperature, pulse, and respiration rates and assisting with exercises or repetitive routines as prescribed by the clinicians. You will support other daily activities to include assisting patients with getting in and out of bed, dressing, grooming, hygiene, feeding, assistance with ambulatory transfers, and light housekeeping.
- Assist patients with personal care needs (bathing, mouth care, shampoo and hair care, transferring, dressing and undressing and ambulation) and provide housekeeping and therapy services to our patients in their home.
- Plan and prepare nutritious meals and assist patients with feeding.
- Assist patients with basic activities and daily living needs.
- Measure and record patient’s temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure when ordered and/or directed by the RN, therapist, Clinical Manager or personal care plan.
- Work with other highly skilled clinicians via a multi- or interdisciplinary team approach.
- Other duties as directed by the RN, therapist, Clinical Manager, or personal care plan.
Required Experience :
- 1 year of recent CHHA experience.
- 1 year of recent CHHA experience with a home health agency.
- Must have Current California Department of Public Health Home Health Aide Certification.
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with vehicle, in good working order, that is currently registered and insured in accordance with state and Neogen Care requirements.
- Strong skills in observation , verbal and written communication, problem-solving, basic math, Electronic Medical Record Software (Kinnser a plus), and basic computer skills to manage email, texts, employment record self-service, etc.
- Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
Neogen Care, an essential health industry company, practices all protective measures recommend by the WHO, CDC, state, and county to safeguard our employees and patients from COVID-19 exposure to include: screening, testing, PPE, social distancing.
- Personal Care
- Certified Home Health Aide
- Blood Pressure
- Hair Care
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation