We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Licensed Special Education English Teacher. Oyster Point Academy is a private therapeutic education Day School for students with emotional and behavioral disabilities who need more structured program than traditional schools can offer.
This is a full time exempt position.
The potential candidate will:
- Plan and implement Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for students.
- Employ specialized teaching strategies to shape adaptive behaviors of students.
- Review psychological, medical, social and educational summaries on students.
- Serve as a case manager by maintaining parental, school liaison, and referral source contacts for assigned students.
- Implement the Day School Behavior Management Program and adapts to spontaneous needs of the students and the program.
- Maintain professional boundaries with students.
- Participant in community service projects, educational outings, open houses, and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Be responsible for writing IEPs, monthly progress reports and FAPT reports for assigned home room students, and initiate IEP for assigned students and updates regularly.
- Calculate and record mid-term and quarterly grade averages on assigned students and records academic and behavioral progress for assigned students.
We are licensed by the Virginia Department of Education and accredited by VAISSEF.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Special Education and/or Education or related field.
- One or more years teaching experience for students with special educational needs.
- Virginia state license as a Special Education Teacher (K-12)
- Must have a valid driving license and good driving record.
Full-time staff are eligible for a robust benefit package to include: Health and Prescription coverage, Dental, Vision, Long-term Disability, Short-term Disability, Life, AD&D, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k with matching contributions, Stock purchase plan, Employee Assistance Program, Continuing Education, Paid Time Off, Legal plan, Long-term Care Insurance, Critical Illness, Accident Coverage, Auto and Home Insurance and even Pet Insurance!