You are a human resource strategist who also excels at execution. You are a motivated, consultative business partner to executives, hiring managers, and colleagues at all levels. You understand that attracting and retaining talent is essential to meeting business goals. If this describes you, then we want you to consider joining Kaman Distribution Group as a Human Resources Director.
As part of our HR leadership team, you will support the VP/GM of Kaman Fluid Power (KFP). You will be a part of creating and reinforcing a high performance, collaborative culture across the business; leverage your leadership capabilities and deep human resources expertise to align the HR team to the overall KFP business; and drive an aggressive growth strategy. In addition, you will play a pivotal role in creating a best in class experience for employees. This role is based out of our headquarters in Bloomfield, CT, but we will also consider candidates near Cleveland, OH.
If you have a strong human resources generalist background and have a track record of driving best practices across the business, then you're ready to move into your next career home with us.
Kaman Distribution is one of North America’s leading distributors of power transmission, motion control and fluid power products, offering best-in-class brands and value-priced components along with fully integrated engineered solutions. Kaman Distribution has three product platforms: Bearings & Power Transmission; Fluid Power; and Automation, Control & Energy.
Kaman Fluid Power, a business unit of Kaman Distribution Group, is a leading provider of fluid power, motion control, electro-mechanical, robotics, machine safety, lubrication and process products and highly engineered systems and components for precision hydraulic and pneumatic applications. We are committed to providing our customers with the right solutions, focusing on their needs, and exceeding their expectations. Our people are the foundation of our success. The key to sustaining our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of committed professionals closely aligned to and supporting the overall KFP business strategy.
- Engage and partner with the business leaders to drive thoughtfully planned talent acquisition strategies, succession planning, talent development and organizational design.
- Take an active leadership role in developing and sustaining highly aligned and engaged employees that understand the vision and the strategy of the business.
- In coordination with the KDG HR leadership team, participate in the planning, designing and development of innovative HR solutions that create a world-class employee experience, while also aligned to and supporting the organizations vision and strategy.
- Evaluate HR effectiveness within the business unit through the utilization of data and analytics closely tied to business objectives.
- An ability to be equal parts HR strategist as well as a hands-on leader, willing to support the business as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and industry regulations; advise regional HR Managers on legal implications of HR issues related to discipline and employee grievances.
- Plan and oversee the HR department budget.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, management or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years in the Human Resources field, with 5 or more years in a senior business partnering role.
Skills and Abilities:
- Highly motivated, human resources generalist with experience successfully facilitating and supporting organizational and cultural change.
- Respects and embraces diversity as a differentiator, and recognizes that differences in thoughts and ideas drives innovative solutions.
- Management experience with a strong functional background in people selection, talent assessment and development.
- An ability to coach and develop, while holding accountability within an organization.
- M&A experience, particularly integrating acquisitions into a highly dispersed organizational structure.
- Proven ability to exercise good judgement and discretion within an organization.
TravelBenefits and Company Overview
Our comprehensive compensation package and benefit program includes:
- Your choice of medical insurance providers and plans, Dental insurance, and Flexible spending accounts
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule
- Company paid Life (family) & STD insurances, Vacation, Holiday & Sick time
- 100% tax-free tuition reimbursement
Kaman Distribution Group is comprised of three business units: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design, and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis, and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 220 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent. #KDG #KFP #KIT #KAI
- Growth Strategies
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- Strategic Business Unit