To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Honolulu, HI
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Penhall Company Inc. • Honolulu, HI
Posted 1 month ago
Main Purpose: Provide direction to various Divisional staff and support Division Manager or Area general Manager with day-to-day shop operations.
- Supervise and direct overall operational activities of divisions assigned. Includes planning, assigning and reviewing staff activities, circumventing/ resolving problem areas, coordinating manpower requirements, etc.
- Review/interpret contract requirements as required to ensure customers' needs are met.
- Oversees all operations of shop & building maintenance.
- Monthly inventory of equipment/diamonds. Track inventory levels and account for equipment usage and replacement.
- Utilization of purchase orders/cost management- Account for inventory and maintain inventory levels needed to promote efficient production standards.
- Supervises/manages all mechanics & yard crew.
- Responsible for ordering parts & cost negations.
- Schedule safety inspections on all regulated trucks.
- Oversee all preventative maintenance on all fleet vehicles & equipment.
- Communicate with all levels within the organization from field, Dispatch to management personnel.
- Must have knowledge of troubleshooting and maintenance issues on heavy equipment. (i.e.: electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, etc.)
- Position may at times require some field work.
- Manage & keep current all DOT files and FMCSA updates.
- Working knowledge of engines, transmissions, electrical and hydraulic components.
- Knowledge of excavators, backhoes, air compressors, bobcats, and must train and supervise its use.
- Familiarity with diamond blade equipment and will be responsible to train existing personnel and new associates.
- General small tool knowledge required, and able to train employees on new equipment and upgrades.
- May act as a liaison between owners, (sub)contractors, project management, home office management, and other departments.
- Ensure all employees comply with company policies, procedures and standards; interpret/answer questions as required.
- Provide support for other departments on assigned projects to assist in their needs.
- Manage all personnel activities including recruiting, new hire sign-up, employee orientation, policy and procedure interpretation, and terminations.
- Support the preparation of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and equipment rental functions. Make expendable material purchases as required and provide receiving of materials either directly or through subordinates.
- Receive support on and make decisions related to (sub)contracting problems and methods.
- Prepare special reports, studies, statistical analysis, brochures, etc. per supervisor's request. Such items would usually require research, development and/or interpretation of data and be performed with little supervision or instruction.
- Administer change orders, back charges, and review and justify or refute claims for extra compensation.
- Compose and/or edit letters, memos, reports, procedures, etc., as required.
- Perform minor maintenance activities on company office equipment and structure as necessary.
- 4 year business, engineering degree or equivalent, plus contract administration exposure or equivalent combinations training and related experience. This role is ideal for internal promotion; Sales, Field, Dispatch or similar Penhall Company experience is preferred
- Plus 6-8 years general business/administrative experience (at least 3-4 of these directly related to construction) required
- Advanced knowledge/understanding of company policies procedures, contract requirements, construction management functions plus working knowledge of general employment practices/regulations essential
- Proficient communicative, interpersonal/organizational skills mandatory
- Union Labor Relations (as required) - basic principles of labor / management partnerships
- Computer/Office Machines - Microsoft Work, Excel, Outlook
- English - proficient in business writing and verbal communication
- Valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record required when duties require use of motor vehicle