Customer Service Representative - Claims (Total Loss)
Southeastern Massachusetts Office
596 Paramount Drive ,
Raynham, MA 02767-5172
Are you looking for a job in a growing industry with new products, new markets and new technology?
The feeling is mutual.
Our starting annual salary for this position is $39,375 and may be negotiable based on level of experience and applicable licenses within the Property and Casualty Industry.
Now offering a $2,500 Signing Bonus for new candidates! To qualify for the Signing Bonus, applicants must have started their position on or after 6/1/2021 or have accepted a position no later than 12/31/2021. The Signing Bonus will be structured in two, gross, equal lump sum payments. The first $1,250 bonus payment will be issued on the last pay date of the month following the employee’s successful completion of the orientation period (generally the 1st of the month following three complete months of employment). The second $1,250 bonus payment will be issued on the last pay date of the month following the employee’s six-month anniversary from the date of hire. Signing Bonus payments are subject to Federal, State, and Local taxes where applicable. Amica reserves the right to withhold Signing Bonus payments due to potential job performance and/or dependability concerns.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Assist customers with new and existing claims via telephone
- Process letters to those involved in the claims process
- Issue payments to insureds, claimants and vendors
- Adjust losses for a variety of claims with the exception of bodily injury
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- Previous customer service experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous insurance background is a plus, but not required
- After hire, employees will be required to obtain a state insurance license and meet continuing education requirements to maintain their license (comprehensive training will be provided)
Perks and Benefits
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous retirement benefits
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.