Mid America Administrative Director Leadership and Development AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74th Street, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Develops and executes a region wide learning and development strategy, including leadership development and programming, and career development at all levels.
- Works directly with Human Resources on organization-wide talent development strategies to ensure alignment of processes; Partners with corporate leadership development, hospital campuses and system functions to ensure continuous improvement and targeted development planning.
- Builds and develops team of senior leaders to drive fully functioning learning organization through a focus on systems thinking, a shared vision, and team learning; drive learning efforts that help create and transfer knowledge in novel ways.
- Develops strategy to assess training needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and consultation with managers or others; identifies needs and develops an aligned curriculum of programs, on-line tools and resources.
- Directs strategy around innovative learning solutions by keeping abreast of current trends and learning science; Ensures team benchmark practices at best-in-class companies and observes best practices where possible.
- In conjunction with VP of Human Resources, oversees all leadership development programming and experiential development plans; Provides coaching and mentoring to leaders as needed.
- Ensures integration of current research, industry best practices and evidenced-based care in all programming.
- Maintains professional knowledge of innovative and current practices in the areas of adult learning, simulations, career development, and technology through analysis of research and participation in professional development.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objectives; recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff.
- Develops strategic partnerships in the community including hospital/healthcare industry and academia.
- Promotes standard work and best practice strategies across the region.
- Participates in the preparation of operating, salary and capital budgets.
- Exercises autonomous decision-making processes to identify, plan, and execute goals.
- Encourages and supports leaders in the development of highly effective teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
- Administrative-level presentation skills
- Detail-oriented, excellent planning/facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful strategic plans
- Strong project management skills
- High degree of initiative and ability to lead multiple cross-functional teams, work under pressure and meet deadlines as required
- Adept at establishing partnerships and building relationships
- Ability to think strategically and critically in developing practical solutions; strong problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience in developing high-performing work cultures, developing and delivering leadership training programs using best practices in talent management
- Experience in leading learning in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrated success in matrixed organization and lead across a variety of leadership/management structures, internal teams, and partners/vendors
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information in understandable terms to all levels of staff; ability to maintain required level of confidentiality
- Exhibits excellent complex analytical, and change management skills
- Strong consultant skillset, with the ability to influence all levels in the organization
- Ability to develop trusting relationships with up-line and down-line colleagues
- Financial management, including budgeting
What You Will Need:
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline such as Business, Psychology, Behavioral Sciences, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or similar field,
• 5 or more years leading training, talent development; leading in healthcare organization
As the leader of the Learning & Leadership Development function, the Administrative Director leads and executes the organizational learning strategy in partnership with Executive Leadership across the Mid-America Region. The Administrative Director drives a learning and growth strategy that links to talent planning and builds organizational talent and capabilities. This leader partners with divisional and local leaders to identify and assess learning gaps and align them to talent development strategies. In addition, the Administrative Director oversees initiatives that include the development and execution of programming for leaders and team members at the emerging, operational and strategic levels, as well as role specific training. The Administrative Director leads the team in the creation of strategic business partnerships at the regional, campus and system levels, while also partnering with AdventHealth University and the Leadership Institute on initiatives.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Leadership Development
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Organization Development