Job Posting Title:
Food Manufacturing Quality Microbiologist
Performs Quality Assurance surveillance and inspections to ensure product is to customer specifications and by TreeHouse Foods standards. Position hours vary (typically 1am start time) and include overtime and weekend work.
Key Result Accountability
- Follows and adheres to all monitoring and inspection QA procedures, including monitoring of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Completes and maintains required document control programs.
- Maintains records and manuals as required.
- Participates in certification process to prepare the facility to qualify and pass audits.
- Performs product and packaging inspections.
- Executes QA programs as mandated by Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Prepares line paperwork as needed, including use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Maintains QA program data according to SOPs.
- Coordinates product to be sent to external lab for food borne pathogen testing. Collects and maintains data.
- Assists with getting the plant ready for external visitors and auditors.
- Assists with the development of SOPs as needed.
- Compiles and manipulates data as requested.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree or combination of work related experience and education.
- GMPS, HACCP, FDA, USDA, or SQF background ideal but not necessary.
Environmental Working Conditions
Employee must comply with all safety policies and safe work procedures established by the company. Job tasks may also involve:
- Wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, goggles, gloves, and other equipment as is required by company policies and safe work procedures.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent carrying, reaching, bending, standing and repetitive motion.
- Employee will be expected to attend safety and GMP training, serve on the facility safety committee if requested and participate in hazard analysis and resolution.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Food Manufacturing Quality Microbiologist. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Product Quality Assurance
Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Points
Good Manufacturing Practices
Document Management Systems