To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Public Relations Manager (Media)
Michael Baker International • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 1 month ago
WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International understands that people require choices in where they want to begin to build a sustainable future. For more than 75 years, Michael Baker International has maintained an entrepreneurial work environment that fosters great careers, which ultimately has brought great success to the organization. Michael Baker offers many opportunities to help you grow professionally to build your career. Whether it is in Finance, IT, Human Resources, Technology, Communications, Proposal Production, Legal or our National Practice and Market segments, take your next step with us and help make a difference in the lives of those you work with and those we serve.
Michael Baker International seeks a communications professional with expertise in shaping corporate stories into newsworthy pitches for trade, local and national media placement.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, the Public Relations Manager (Media) will be based in Michael Baker’s downtown Pittsburgh office and will be responsible for leading the identification, development and pitching of corporate stories to:
- Highlight Michael Baker’s people, projects and innovations to differentiate the Company in the industry
- Position the firm and its people as thought leaders
- Elevate the Michael Baker brand in key regions and states
- Partner with team members within Corporate Communications on public relations programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 8-12 years of experience in business-to-business (B2B) trade and national media outreach, ideally in a corporate and/or agency setting
- Ability to bring a start-up mentality and entrepreneurial spirit to the position, complemented by an understanding of what it takes to deliver real, measurable results within a large corporation
- Exhibit a sense of urgency to consistently identify strong stories to pitch to media in increase awareness and understanding of the differentiating services Michael Baker offers
- Is a strong writer and editor who can shepherd thought leadership articles to publication in trade outlets
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization, at all levels, to own story development, thought leadership writing/placement and interview preparation for spokespersons
- Willingness to serve as the single-point-of-contact for media and provides collaborative counsel to internal clients on the potential newsworthiness of stories and how to navigate the media landscape
- Proven experience with issues and crisis communications
- Ability to track and report results against goals
- Is a tenacious self-starter who can handle multiple projects simultaneously, has exceptional attention to detail and deadlines, excels in a highly collaborative team environmental and on his/her own
- Excels at building relationships that engender trust and confidence in colleagues, business partners and clients through superior service
- Possesses experience in managing agencies and other outside vendors
- Has the flexibility to travel domestically