The SVP, Director of Business Intelligence has primary responsibility for setting the strategy and vision and for managing the day-to-day tactical operations of the BI team. They will be responsible for all strategic, tactical, operational, financial, human, and technical resource managerial responsibilities associated with the following BI and BI-related functional areas:
- Data preparation (sourcing, acquisition, integration)
- Data warehousing
- Reporting, analytics, data exploration
- Information delivery (portals, mobile, analysis services cubes)The SVP, Director of Business Intelligence will lead the team by establishing and executing a vision for the delivery of information and analytics platforms and solutions to the business’s key stakeholders, including, internal staff, partners and clients. This position will be ultimately responsible for helping transform the company into a business that truly differentiates and competes on analytics.
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, operations, management, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
- Extensive expertise in banking and financial analysis.
- Extensive expertise with the Microsoft Business Intelligence Toolset.
- Extensive expertise in data modeling, both logical and physical.
- Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, denormalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions/attributes.
- Solid understanding of information security principles and best practices a must. Understanding of regulatory guidelines such as PCI-DSS.
- Experience in and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, etc.).
- Experience with agile software development.
- Extensive hands on experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Integration Services, Reporting Services, Analysis Services and, SharePoint 2010 .
- A solid understanding of key BI trends.
- Extensive experience interacting with C-level executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience managing large complex BI projects and teams.
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Proven strong leadership skills within the project team and in the business community.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies and track and measure results.
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)