WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Electrical Project Engineer - Hopewell, VA.
Electrical Project Engineer - Hopewell, VA
910 Industrial St, PO Box 201
Hopewell, Virginia, 23860
Project Engineer - Electrical
The Project Engineer – Electrical provides project management, design, and coordination to contribute to the departmental goals of improving the production process, maintain the manufacturing facilities and ensure compliance with engineering standards and safety codes. The position is responsible for generating feasibility studies, performing engineering calculations, producing project estimates, scope of work, schedules, coordinating construction work, monitoring contractor’s safety, performance, and progress, to meet the mill’s engineering goals in a timely manner. The position also includes following all safety and environmental procedures.
Integrity – We are honest, ethical and do the right thing.
Respect – We treat one another with respect and earn the respect of others through our actions.
Accountability – We are responsible for our work, to our team and for contributing to the success of our company.
Excellence – We strive to perform at the highest levels – for ourselves and for our customers, investors and communities.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance of electrical systems and instrumentation.
- Assist electrical and instrumentation technicians with troubleshooting activities around mill.
- Develop preventative and predictive maintenance strategies for electrical systems and instrumentation.
- Develop 5 year electrical and instrumentation asset strategies.
- Maintain statistical and financial records.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and safety legislation.
- Create bills of material for electrical systems and instrumentation.
- Update mill’s electrical distribution model in EasyPower.
- Identify and eliminate arc flash hazards through engineering activities and / or implementation of new procedures for personnel. Requires knowledge of NFPA70E and NFPA70.
- Project management- scoping, scheduling, and budgeting for small electrical and instrumentation projects. Some design work to include development of single lines, loop sheets, cable schedules, design specifications, ext.
- Knowledge of reliability processes including root cause failure analysis, cause maps, and management of change.
- Knowledge of process improvement programs like Lean Six Sigma.
- Maintenance engineers have opportunities to move into managerial positions or related areas of employment such as plant/production engineering.
- Knowledge of JDEdwards, AutoCAD, PI, and Microsoft Office not required but a plus.
- Will develop and monitor maintenance electrical and instrumentation routes in MAINTelligence.
What you will need to succeed:
Electrical Engineering degree.
This position also requires excellent communication/negotiation skills.
Computer skills are necessary with proficiency in MS Office line of software.
Knowledge of JDEdwards, AutoCAD, PI, a plus.
Demonstrated successful track record of effective problem-solving.
Drives for continuous improvement while managing expectations and results.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to maintain complex records and to assemble and organize data.
Possess strong electrical acumen.
Possess strong collaboration skills with stakeholders across functions.
Ability to set priorities, achieve deadlines, and manage multiple tasks at the same time.
Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
Possess strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver messages to customers and WestRock employees.
Ability and willingness to be on-call and come in to work as required (nights, weekends, etc.)
Safe work practice experience in
o Use of Tools/Machinery
o Equipment installation.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
This document outlines the minimum requirements of the positions and is not intended to be all-inclusive of the position duties.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.