To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1620 North Carpenter Road
Modesto, CA 95351
- Phone: 209-292-8608
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Staff Accountant (Regulatory)
The Hedy Company Inc • Modesto, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Direct Hire position for a Distribution company in the Central Valley. Performs all general accounting activities including the budgeting process, maintaining accounting systems to ensure the proper accounting and recording of company resources. Creating and posting journal entries to the general ledger, reviewing the general ledger and preparing monthly financial statements and analysis. Preparing and submitting required federal, state and local tax, regulatory and other filings. Also performing quarterly physical inventory test counts.
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and accounting department procedures, including prepaid and accrued expenses, amortization and account reconciliation
- Working knowledge of CA sales and use tax regulations, including determinations of transaction taxability, calculation of tax due and filing of returns.
- Complete and file all sate and local tax returns, including sales and use property, etc.
- Research state and local tax regulations, identify and report on their application and worth with Assistant Controller in implementing tax filing process changes.
- Complete and file federal, state and local regulatory reports, including SOS annual reports, Census Bureau report, DMV filings, etc.
- Research federal, state and local fleet, environmental and other regulations. Identify and report on their application and work with Assistant Controller in implementing necessary process changes
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field
- At least 3 years of general accounting experience
- At least 2 years of SALT, Tax or related specialization in which you completed and filed tax returns, researched tax regulations and assisted in developing procedures to comply therewith.
- Experience with CA sales and use tax regulation required
- Proficient with Word and Excel
- Familiar with either AS400, Quickbooks, Infor or Q2S preferred, but not required.