We are looking for an experienced journalist to join the producing staff at KFMB. If you're a creative storyteller who understands true multi-platform journalism and not bound by the methods of traditional TV news - we want to hear from you!
- Ability to fill-in/produce news shows
- Ability to identify, write and produce stories for multiple platforms
- Research for facts and credibility.
- Will need to line up interviews, potentially go out on shoots, write scripts and manage content.
- Shooting and editing experience is not required but an asset.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
- Attend editorial meetings and offer story ideas.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor
- College degree with minimum two years' news producing experience preferred.
- Must possess solid news judgment, display strong communication skills, creativity, and ethical decision-making skills.
- Possess strong news writing, tease writing and production skills.
- ENPS and Axis graphics experience is preferred.
- Must be organized with the ability to work under constant deadlines.
- Must be able to calmly handle live breaking news situations and changing events.
- Proven social and digital content creation ability.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, URL blocked - click to apply
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.