To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rockmart, GA 30153
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
MEGGITT • Rockmart, GA
Posted 2 months ago
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Senior Accountant analyzes the financial statements and prepares reports and recommendations to management. Generates, forecasts and analyzes trends in sales, finance and other areas of business to assist the organization's financial planning. Ensures financial business processes are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Job Core Responsibilities
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program.
- Coordinates the annual physical inventory and audit.
- Analyzes manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Performs and analyzes the annual standard cost roll.
- Analyzes the site’s financial statements and prepares reports and makes recommendations to management.
- Ensures financial business processes are in compliance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Generates, forecasts and analyzes trends in sales, finance and other areas of business to assist in financial planning.
- Participates in the monthly close process by generating various journal entries, preparing required reconciliations, and analytically reviewing specific general ledger accounts for accuracy and proper valuation.
- Performs annual internal audits, identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective internal controls and recommends improvements.
- Confirms that book closings are accomplished within an acceptable time schedule.
- Prepares monthly forecast and bridge analysis for the P&L.
- Analyzes reports and/or corrects multiplicity accounting fluctuations to ensure proper decision making.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
Years' Experience: 5-7 years of relevant cost accounting experience.
- Thorough understanding and experience in financial accounting and control processes, while ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and financial analysis acquired through related work experience in increasingly complex roles
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
- Strong analytical and independent problem solving skills to evaluate financial results
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to explains complex information to others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management tools
- Proficient in SAP
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.