Seasonal Human Resources Internship
Are you looking to grow with a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends! Who are we?
Rentokil is a family of companies in North America. At Rentokil, our mission is to protect people and enhance lives by providing pest control solutions that ensure public health and protect the environment through energy efficient and sustainable pest control services. We offer a complete range of pest control services and solutions for residential properties, including common pests such as rodents, flies, stored product insects, biting insects and birds to other kinds of wildlife.ResponsibilitiesWhat do our Seasonal HR Intern do ?
The Human Resources Intern will be providing project support to the Shared Services team. This position will provide hands-on partnership in the areas of employee relations, training and onboarding responsibilities. The Human Resources Intern will gain experience in initiating and driving HR programs COVID 19, leave of absence administration that add value to the organization and are aligned with business objectives.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
What do you need?
- Provide day-to-day support and counsel to functional locations in the areas of employee relations, leave of absence administration, and policy communication. Act as a first line resource to managers and employees on HR issues related to COVID 19 and partner with them to implement solutions.
- Involved with interactive process with colleagues when required
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Why Choose Rentokil?
- Working toward a Bachelor's Degree in HR or related Business field is required.
- PHR/SPHR certification or HR related professional credential is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of professional level HR generalist experience is required, including at least three years in a Business Partner capacity supporting multiple functional groups in multiple locations.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and critical thinking skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain focus and overcomes obstacles to meet goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative, in a client/customer focused environment with a culture that is driven to-wards excellence and results is required.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills required, including the ability to interface with others inside and outside of the company in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to juggle priorities and manage time to effectively meet deadlines.
- skills required: MS Word, Excel, and Power-Point. Use of social platforms
- Demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority, creative problem solving and analytical skills.
- Highest professional standards regarding internal customer service, confidentiality and ethical conduct required
- Travel Required: Occasional to a regional office for updates, otherwise the job is virtual work from home.
- Available to work Monday-Friday
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and pass motor vehicle record search
A career with Rentokil is exactly that - a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world class team that rewards high performance. We offer competitive pay on a bi-weekly pay schedule and many of our roles offer incentives based on performance and providing exceptional customer experience. Below you'll find information about some of what Rentokil North America has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits when they meet certain criteria.
- Professional and Personal Growth:
- Robust Paid Training & Professional Development Path
- Opportunity to grow - We love to promote from within!
- Fantastic Tuition Reimbursement benefits & Scholarship Programs (for FT Colleagues)
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts for Health-care or Dependent Care Expenses
- Outstanding Company-Paid Short Term Disability
- Access to Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program that offers services such as free counseling services, will preparation, discounts to health clubs, and other benefits
- Company-paid sick time
- Savings & Retirement:
- 401(k) retirement plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions
- Holiday Savings Club option with company-matching funds
- Employee Discounts (includes many offerings, including cellular/mobile service, health clubs, and more)
- Work-Life Balance:
- Vacation Days & sick days
- Company-Paid Holidays & Floating Holidays
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you? Additional Information
Rentokil North America is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.Link to Federal employment poster:Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- Verbal Communication
- Industrial Relations
- Self Motivation
- Human Resources