Manpower Engineering is seeking a Tooling Engineer for our client in Glasgow, KY. Primary engineering responsibility for High pressure die casting (HPDC) tooling. Actively contribute to tooling design standards and strategies for tooling. Primary point of contact and reference for tooling maintenance; preventative and corrective maintenance items related to tooling. Direct/perm opportunity.
Summary of what you'd be doing:
• Tracking engineering revision levels for both the part model and die database
• Monitor tooling uptime for assigned die family and generate an improvement roadmap of countermeasures for all top issues causing downtime and stops (target is >90% tooling uptime at stated cycle time goal for part).
• Design countermeasures and engineering trials based on roadmap above; implement using test card and PCR process and verify effectiveness of corrective action using quantitative and statistical tools.
• Generate and maintain standardization matrix for all tools in rotation that tracks implementation of verified corrective actions from roadmap.
• Track tooling rotation and life and maintain refurbishment forecast for 12 months in future.
• Coordinate all external maintenance and improvement activities for assigned tools.
• Assist purchasing and warehouse personnel in the creation and tracking of spare parts.
• Other engineering and support activities as required to keep plant on improving trend for KPI's and profitability.
Here's a summary of who we're seeking:
- BS Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years in high pressure die casting or other metal casting and metal forming processes that employ durable tooling.
- Proficient background in tooling and repair
- Die Casting
- Corrective And Preventive Actions