To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, MO 63090
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Practice Nurse Clinician-PRN
Mercy • Washington, MO
Posted 2 months ago
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Collaborate with the physicians in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of patients during the preo procedure and post procedure period. Serve as a clinical resource or consultant in area of pain specialty, assist in planning and providing educational opportunities in clinical area. To be a primary liaison between the doctor and patient and referring providers. Further responsibilities will extend into our hospital-based Spine and Pain Procedure Center where pre/post assessments of patients will occur and assisting with procedures as needed.
- Assist the physician with coordination of procedure scheduling and office scheduling.
- Rounds daily with physicians to assist them in patient care; gathers test results and previous records (inpatient and outpatient), facilitates communication between patients, families, consulting physicians, and hospital staff; and provides continuity of care within a large group of physicians.
- Provides training and support for the office nurse extender as well as other office staff by providing knowledge and assistance when a medical situation requires attention, i.e. medical emergencies and patient telephone calls regarding chest pain and other related cardiac symptoms. Also assists with office patients when available and when appropriate.
- Prepares patient for procedures thru education and obtains patient history for upcoming pain procedures
- Communicates effectively with entire team, physicians, office staff, and hospital staff in order to provide the maximum efficiency of the physicians. Communicates effectively with the office administrator to promote the highest efficiency for both physicians and office staff. Obtains consults, office pages, and hospital calls.
- Discharges and follows up on patients following a procedure and provides appropriate documentation to enhance the communication between the procedure center and office. Provides patient discharge medication information, activity restriction, and arranges follow up care. Administers medications and treatments under physician direction.
- Assist physicians with return office calls regarding abnormal test results, medication changes, and patient education beyond the clerical expertise of the nurse extender.
- Assists physicians in managing patients with certain diagnosis with appropriate established protocol. Consults with the patient in office for education and assessment that would be communicated to the physician.
- In addition to the office setting and responsibilities, this position will also support our procedure center. In this role, the nurse will perform pre/post procedure assessments, assist with procedures as needed, and provide patients with clear follow up information and education.
- Performs staple removal and site checks for post pacemaker implant patients, post operative pacemaker implant education, and sets up appropriate follow up care.
- Assists physicians and outpatient Dobutamine Stress echos at our testing site. Assist in administering intravenous medication when appropriate to office patients. Continuously monitors patient while in office.
- Continues to maintain ACLS certification and BLS instructor certification.
*To learn more about Washington, please visit our Landing Page at: https://mercywashingtoncareers.com/nursing/
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Education: Bachelors of science required.
Licensure: Requires RN licensure in the State of Missouri.
Experience: Minimum of 5 or more years experience in specialty area of Cardiac and Operating Room.
Other: Strong assessment and communication skills are necessary.
Preferred Education: BSN preferred.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.