SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.Job Description
The Sr. Human Resources Generalist administers human resources policies and procedures for our Agricultural and Food business unit. In this position, you will be responsible for conducting new employee orientations, coaching, counseling and guiding managers, handling outplacement and exit interviews. To determine improvements and provide reports to management, you will collect and analyze HR data related to compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, etc. Processes paperwork for functional area according to established procedures.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for company personnel; contributes to the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the new hire onboarding process, ensures all new hire documents are completed and in compliance with USCIS I-9 form.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews).
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions. Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Responds to unemployment claims, including attending unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Handles job change requests. Prepares and submits HRIS change form and analyses reports from the database.
- Partners with HRIS staff to update, monitor and maintain eligible approved adjustments.
- Manages exit interview process with departing employees.
- Maintains records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local regulations as they pertain to employment.
- Manages annual training requirements via learning management system for all employees.
- Assists HRBP with management of leave of absence occurrences.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefit plans; reviews benefits with employees.
- Prepares HR metric related reports to senior HR management members.
- Assists with full-cycle recruiting functions.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans. Reviews benefits with employees.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent years of experience in lieu of education.
- 7+ years of professional human resources experience
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call
for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
Human Resource Management