To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elizabethtown, KY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Altec Industries , Inc. • Elizabethtown, KY
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why Join Altec?
Altec Industries is seeking Engineers for our Focus Factory located in Elizabethtown, KY.
Applications, Quality and Manufacturing Engineering opportunities are available.
Our mission is to profitably design, manufacture, and sell innovative custom products, services, and solutions to users of mobile telecom and utility equipment. From customer interaction and new product design to the implementation of manufacturing processes, Altec Engineers are leading the industry. If you possess strong design skills, a knack for problem solving, and a mechanical troubleshooting aptitude, this is the job for you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
- EIT registration or ability to obtain registration required.
- Current Valid Driver’s License.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying.
- Internal Candidates will be an Associate in good standing.
- Experience with 2D (AutoCAD) and 3D (SolidWorks) modeling.
- Ability to work with team members and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Experience with Teamcenter or similar PLM software.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and principles.
- Detail oriented.
- Customer service oriented.
- Learn Altec’s product lines and systems/rules/processes required for different Engineering roles at Altec.
- Practice prudent engineering and effectively apply formal engineering training adding to the overall effectiveness of the Engineering Group and enhancement of Altec’s position within the product line.
- Participate and contribute productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture and customer service/support efforts.
- Operate with appropriate entry-level decision-making latitude within the scope of an assignment.
- Know and apply fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the engineering field.
- Communicate with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation as appropriate.
- Provide technical support to sales associates.
- Support Operations, Sales, and Service.
- Interface directly with Suppliers and Customers.
- Learn and Utilize Lean principles to improve our products and processes.
- Work within any of the Altec departments as assigned to grow knowledge and skill for future Altec positions.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work “Safer and Smarter.” Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Founded in 1929, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard for excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that’s why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well-managed company.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision!
● Customer First ● Enjoyment of Work ● Family ● Financial Stability ● Integrity ● People Are Our Greatest Strength ● Quality ● Spiritual Development ● Teamwork ●
Elizabethtown (E’town) is a small, progressive, and safe community located in the heart of Kentucky. E’town is centrally located within 400 miles of 12 major US cities and sits at the crossroads of Interstate 65, Bluegrass Parkway and Western Kentucky Parkway. From the birthplace of Lincoln to the birthplace of bourbon, from the world’s largest cave system to famous Fort Knox, we have all the vibrant attributes of a much larger city, but remain a charming small town. Take a look for yourself… http://eifky.org/quality-of-life/
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.