To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
9350 150 East
Sandy, UT 84070
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Network Services Manager
Larry H. Miller Automotive Division • Sandy, UT
Posted 2 months ago
Network Services Manager
The Network Services Manager is expected to:
Protect the legal, financial and moral wellbeing of the Larry H. Miller Dealerships;
Lead, support and manager a team of network administrators and network technicians to ensure the overall health and functionality of the IT, telephone and wireless network infrastructure.
Responsible for IT related security, LAN, WAN, and SDWAN.
Seek ways to improve business operations efficiencies and customer service;
Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be successful.
Reports to: Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Essential Job Functions:
- 1. Maximize profit retention, financial reporting and personnel administration.
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of the LAN, WAN, SDWAN, VPN and WLAN networks throughout the company.
- Assist in the design, administration, and enforcement of all IT security functions and policies from the desktop to the network boundaries.
- Management of telephony administrator(s) and related systems.
- Regular attendance and timeliness as set forth within the work schedule designated by department supervisor/manager is required.
- Monitoring and responding to problems related to critical IT network related hardware and services.
- Administration and monitoring of web-based traffic to include URL filtering, reporting, and investigating user web history as required.
- Integrate methods of time management to provide a consistent and effective work flow that is cohesive for the department and team.
- Maintain ability to handle job stress and effective interaction with others in the workplace.
- Maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive company information.
- Develop and implementation of training for both IT staff and general users on an as needed basis.
- In general, this position is assigned regular business hours; however, it is typical to work more than 40 hours per week.
- Perform all other job duties as requested by management.
- 2. Develop employees.
- Establish working hours, schedules, time off and vacations.
- Maintain accurate job descriptions and communicate expectations with employees.
- Handle and resolve employee issues within Larry H. Miller Dealerships guidelines.
- Communicate and enforce dealership policies and procedures.
- 3. Operate with integrity.
- Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
- Maintain composure within the workplace as well as outside the workplace when representing the Larry H. Miller Dealerships.
- Set an example of positive attitude and professionalism, including a neat, orderly and safe work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- 1. Education
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field.
- 2. Experience.
- 7+ years' experience with Cisco routers, switches, and wireless access points. Strong routing, switching and firewall expertise is required.
- 5+ years' experience engineering and supporting large scale LAN, WAN, SDWAN and WLAN architectures.
- 5+ years' experience administering Cisco PIX and/or ASA firewalls. Other vendor firewall experience e.g. Palo Alto preferred but not required.
- 3+ years' experience administering Cisco CallManager/Unified Communications Server.
- 3+ years' experience administering sometime of end point security.
- 3+ years' experience managing and coaching a team of IT personnel.
- 1+ year experience administering Cisco Virtual Switching System and Cisco Wireless Controller Server (WCS).
- 3+ years' experience administering a network monitoring system such as PRTG, Solarwinds, or Nagios.
- 3. Training/Certification.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification required.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) preferred.
- 4. Skills.
- Communication- Basic ability to read and write, ability to effectively convey information to others, apply active listening by taking the time to understand the points being made by employees and customers, being aware of other's reactions and understanding why they react as they do. Must be able to explain IT concepts and functions in non-technical terms.
- Critical thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Personnel and Human Resources- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Information Ordering- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patters of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- 5. Knowledge.
- Knowledge of Larry H. Miller Dealerships current company management systems desirable.
- Administration and Management- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resource modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service- Knowledge of principles and process for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Strong understating of Windows Active Directory design, policies and functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Selective Attention- Concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Interpersonal Skills- Maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
Leadership- Ethical leadership and followership behaviors which promote Larry H. Miller standards and result in a cohesive and effective team.
Compliance- Understanding of and adherence to all Company standards, state and federal laws and regulations as well as product pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies or business partners.
Customer Service- Providing excellent customer service through the defined Larry H. Miller processes which promote efficiencies, fairness and cost effectiveness.
Ethics/Integrity- Representing the Larry H. Miller Dealerships by conducting yourself in a professional and courteous manner that demonstrates integrity and avoiding actual or perceived conflicts of interest. Complying with company standards and business ethics.
Oral Communication- Clearly identifying and professionally expressing issues in positive or negative situations.
Planning/Organizing- Prioritizing and planning work activities and using time effectively.
Quality- Demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness and monitoring your work to ensure quality.
Dependability- Consistent, punctual attendance at work; following instructions; responding to management direction; and soliciting feedback to improve performance.
Safety and Security- Observing safety and security procedures and using equipment and materials properly.
Company management reserves the right to add to, change or retract portions of this job description. Employee is required to adhere to the qualifications, duties and conditions of any revised job description.