$5,000 sign on bonus
Are you passionate about nursing in an environment that empowers you to be the best you can be? An environment that allows you to deliver superior, patient centered care? If you answered yes, then we welcome you to join our Team as a Registered Nurse (RN). Olathe Health nurses provide high quality compassionate care to our patients and their families every day. Our nursing team’s culture of compassion and collaboration expands beyond patient care. We encourage each nurse to keep learning and growing by consistently providing them resources to deliver better care.
• Have a two-year Associate’s Degree – graduate from an accredited school of nursing
• Analytical, Organizational, Verbal Communication & Critical Thinking
• Maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in accordance with the Kansas Nurse Licensure Compact required upon hire
• Healthcare Provider CPR – (American Heart Association or American Red Cross); required with 7 days from date of hire
• Uses the nursing process (assessment, diagnosis, outcomes/plan, implementation, evaluation) to plan and provide individualized patient care
• Communicate effectively with patients, family members, peers and other healthcare colleagues
• Identify process issues that create barriers to effective patient care and provide feedback to potential resolution ideas
• Be a team player who is also able to autonomously complete their expected duties
• Exhibit excellent customer service skills, bed side manner and the ability to communicate and build relationships with the patient, patient’s family members and other colleagues
Our Nursing Environment Includes:
• Tuition Reimbursement so you can achieve your educational goals (up to $5,250/year)
• RN Residency program that follows the ANCC evidence-based criteria. We want you to be comfortable and confident as you transition from student to nurse to professional nurse
• PACE – Nursing Professional Achievement of Clinical Expertise (PACE) Program
• A Shared Governance Model
• Collaborative professional work environment
• 403b Retirement Plan with 3% company match
• 5 days of Paid Parental/Adoption Leave
• $5k in Adoption Assistance per child
• Paid Sick Leave
• Accrued PTO
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Voluntary Benefits, including: Life, Accidental Death or Dismemberment, Critical Illness, Long-term Disability, Short-term Disability, Hospital Indemnity, Pet, Identity Theft and Legal Insurance
• Reduced cafeteria rates (OMC location only)
Disclosure: Benefits eligibility may vary based on position.
Why Top Talent Join Olathe Health?
Our mission is to help people through healing, health and happiness. Top performers want to be a part of something special…something with a purpose. We want the best and brightest health care professionals who are focused on providing compassionate, personalized care. And we are committed to continue to give our associates growth and developmental opportunities while providing a safe, inclusive and welcoming work environment to do their best work. We all strive to help each other as a team to deliver the best patient care possible. At Olathe Health, we believe that if we take care of our people, they will take care of everything else.
From our modest beginnings with a 30-bed hospital in 1953 to a dynamic, regional health system with more than 2,400 associates today, Olathe Health continues to grow to meet the needs of our patients and the community. The system consists of Olathe Medical Center, Inc. (OMCI), Miami County Medical Center, Inc. (MCMC), and Olathe Health Physicians, Inc. (OHPI), a large physician corporation with 38 locations. The system offers a wide range of services and specialties for individuals in all stages of life, from primary care, pediatrics and maternity care to specialties, including oncology, surgery, orthopedics, spine, cardiology, home health and hospice.
Several of our most recent honors as a system include:
• Fortune/IBM Watson Health named OMC one of the 2021 Top 100 Hospitals.
• The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded OMC and MCMC four-star ratings in 2021.
• One of Ingram Magazine’s “2020 Best Companies to Work for” (large employer category) and one of the “Best Hospitals in Kansas for Nurses” (according to nurse.org).
Great things are happening at Olathe Health and we would love for YOU to join our team today!
EEO Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
- Health Facilities
- Registered Nurse Certified
- Nurse Licensure Compact
- Verbal Communication