About Covanta Environmental Solutions: Covanta Environmental Solutions offers comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today's most complex environmental challenges. With a nationwide network of treatment, recycling and energy-from-waste facilities, Covanta Environmental Solutions enables customers to mitigate risk and reach their sustainability goals. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply .
About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply .
Information on our facilities is available at URL blocked - click to apply . For career opportunities, visit URL blocked - click to apply . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf) Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
The Sales Director (SD) position communicates the executive sales strategy for CES by managing a team of Solutions Sales Managers (SSM) that sell CES non-hazardous industrial waste, assured destruction, landfill avoidance, and other environmental services.
The Sales Director will work closely with the Vice President of Sales, GM’s and the other regional Sales Directors to create a growth strategy and vision for the CES sales team. The Sales Director will establish protocols, metrics and KPIs to measure and achieve the CES sales goals.
- Work with the Vice President of Sales to communicate a vision and strategy for CES sales
- Coach the sales team and coordinate with the other Sales Directors to achieve / exceed the budget & forecast goals
- Create a world class sales team that is the model for success
- Attract & hire top of class recruits
- Retain top talent & mentor rising stars
- Coach SSMs
- Define a culture of clear rules, responsibilities and expectations
- Build out a growth strategy of defined industry sectors and client targets
- Define market sectors and strategy for growth
- Major focus on new & expanded direct business
- Review customer pipelines
- Monitor progress of each SSM and engage to drive results
- Review monthly forecasts
- Monitor KPI targets
- Act as a liaison between Covanta executives and sales team
- Create and promote a culture of cooperation within and among the sales team, GM’s and other departments
- Build & communicate the yearly sales budget & monthly forecast
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or equivalent experience, Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in sales and account management in the Hazardous or Non-hazardous waste industry preferred
- Ability to drive growth, motivate teams and achieve results
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Travel – up to 50%