The Mold Mechanic repairs a wide variety of injection molds, dies, tools, jigs and fixtures, assists with diagnosing and correcting problems in molds and tools. Tracks Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and Corrective Action Reports (CARs) and insures that items are completed in a timely manner.
What You’ll Do:
- Repairs a wide variety of injection molds, dies, tools, jigs, fixtures and other equipment.
- Troubleshoots and corrects injection molds and fixtures.
- Diagnose and repairs mold systems including but not limited to ejector, sensors, pneumatic, hydraulic and hot runner.
- Assists with making tool tryouts.
- Operates equipment, including, but not limited to lathes, pedestal and surface grinders, milling machines, and drill presses,
- Tracks Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and Corrective Action Reports (CARs) and insures that items are completed in a timely manner.
- Assists Mold Maintainers with preventive maintenance functions including, but not limited to, cleaning molds using wash tanks and mold cleansers, repairing leaks, and replacing ejector pins.
- Maintains and documents work records daily.
- Assists in the training of other associates.
- Maintains work area(s) and equipment in clean, orderly and safe condition
- Follows written department standard operating procedures.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Associates degree or pertinent certificates from a technical training school, preferred
- Must have 3-5 years general shop knowledge repairing plastic injection molds.
- Must be able to disassemble and assemble back different size molds.
- Must have basic ability to read and interpret blueprints and specs.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to safely use hand tools and operate equipment, including, but not limited to lathes, pedestal and surface grinders, milling machines and drill presses.
- Ability to perform basic measurements using micrometers, multimeter and calipers.
- Must have general knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical operations.
- Must be certified to drive forklifts.
- Must be certified to operate cranes.
- Actively supports and complies with Pelican’s objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours and overtime. Must be able to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequently required to execute standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. stand, walk, sit, use hands/fingers).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequently required to execute non-standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch).
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires repetitive hand/wrist activities.
Why Join Pelican? Here’s a glimpse of Pelican Perks…
- Generous paid time off plans
- 401k plan – with a competitive match
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Established reputable brand offering premium products – you’ll be proud to represent Pelican!
- On-Site Flu Shots – Free!
- Prime location – minutes away from the beach!
- Amazing employee discount program on Pelican Products
- Great Benefits – several options including Pet insurance for our animal lovers.
- Wellness Discount Program
- Lucrative employee referral program – get paid to work with your trusted network.
- And more…
With over 40 years of creating the toughest, virtually indestructible, and most dependable products on the market, Pelican Products remains the global leader of high-performance protective case solutions, advanced portable lighting systems, and consumer products we use in our everyday lives to include coolers, phone and tablet cases, backpacks, drinkware, and more! Our products are depended upon by professionals in the most demanding markets including fire safety, law enforcement, life sciences, defense/military, aerospace, entertainment, industrial and consumer. Pelican's products are designed and built to last a lifetime.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Corrective And Preventive Actions
Continuous Improvement Process
Engineering Change Order