ABOUT WESTGATE RESORTSJob Description
Westgate Resorts provides a diverse range of vacation experiences. From sandy beaches on the Atlantic Ocean to snow-covered Utah mountains, families can affordably experience the country's most desirable vacation destinations. A world leader in the timeshare and hospitality industry, Westgate has resorts in Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, Missouri, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. Westgate meets every vacation expectation, for every family, for every budget. As we continue growing, we will continue offering the best and most-affordable vacation options out there!
The Director SEO/SEM has the primary task of leading both the SEM and the SEO departments to lead how the Westgate Resorts brand leverages search in order to engage existent and prospective consumers. In this function he/she is the go-to thought-leader and visionary of the SEO and SEM departments and responsible for employing effective digital marketing strategies within these departments. The Director SEO/SEM will also participate directly in activities such as paid search, site optimization, display, retargeting, email and direct mail management among other activities. The Director SEO/SEM identifies, tests, and scales emerging and high-impact digital channels that will facilitate goal achievement and to also oversee the long-term planning of the department’s digital marketing calendar in order to ensure that all planned programs and projects are assigned to suitable personnel and executed in a timely manner. He/she plays a leading role in the definition and maintenance of best practices within the department, availing clear and consistent operational improvements to the delivery of marketing, hence, maximizing success and reducing costs. This is a hybrid role with equal parts leadership and some hands-on project work to drive projects to completion with direct involvement as needed.
DUTIES: This role is broken into two (2) areas:
- RANK TRACKING/REPORTING OPERATIONS – Tactical activities directly purposed to rank certain hotels
- TECHNICAL OPERATIONS – Activities to uncover technical errors that either suppress SEO score and launch projects to solve them
- CONTENT OPERATIONS – Everything on-page SEO that relates to launching new content or optimizing existing content
- LOCAL LISTING MANAGEMENT – YEXT Related data, tracking, escalations, new business setup, and listing management
- BACKLINK OUTREACH – All backlink related activities for soliciting, identifying, or absorbing additional links to our website
- SPECIAL PROJECT SUPPORT – SEO activities that do not fall primarily into technical, content or link building
- Mentoring members of the content marketing team in both emerging skills, professional development, on the job training (OJT) and project deep dives/coaching one-on-ones
PAID (SEM) + PAID SOCIAL/ADVERTISING:
- Overall responsibility for maintaining the ROAS margin outlines by senior leadership in spend, versus value of conversion in the eCommerce Booking Engine.
- Monthly presentations on Paid Advertising to senior leadership
- Launching projects that outline the abstract and proposed ‘top of funnel’ advertising concepts for Paid Advertising efforts, and guiding brand team through execution
- Ideating campaign concepts/writing campaign abstracts that can be tailored to projects and specific tactics
- Managing the relationship between Westgate’s various MCC Google Ad accounts and Google acct. management, by pushing for (but not limited to):
- BETA access programs
- New ad model optimizations / tips on self-optimization
- Specific campaign help, for flagging campaigns (not doing well)
- Account eligibility/approval escalations
- Troubleshooting of known issues or linkages (e.g. – extensions)
- Custom reporting and views on both conversion values AND specific ad unit performance values (e.g. – all extension reporting)
- Managing the relationship between brand and SABRE’s Advertising team for both Facebook dynamic ads/Google HPA/Google Promoted Hotel Ads while launching routine optimization/experiment projects
- Working with team to provide offer (rate or product), budget, and audience guidance for all campaigns
- Support campaign execution for all properties via unbranded/branded search campaigns, as well as tentpole (brand-wide) and special, single destination (or offer) campaigns
- Sourcing NEW Partner/Vendor Relationships where it makes sense
- Managing the relationship between Paid Advertising and other non-hotel departments
- Mentoring members of PPC team in both emerging skills, professional development, on the job training (OJT) and project deep dives/coaching one-on-ones
- Excellent analytical, management and communication skills
- Experience managing large Paid Media/SEM Budgets
- Proven experience leading digital, search and marketing strategy with a history of accelerated growth
- Must have deep understanding and hands-on experience with SEO, SEM and the Google ecosystem
- Strong, dynamic team leader and mentor as well as being a team player
- Very strong in technology and business management
- Experience working with and partnering with outside agencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to empowerment
A suitable candidate will have over 10+ years of working experience in a digital marketing (specifically with an emphasis in search), performance-based marketing, marketing strategy, or search environment analytics. He/she will also have a proven and successful track record in strategic and operational leadership/management, managing high performing individuals and giving clear strategic guidance, as well as demonstrable project management/launching experience.
- YEXT (Enterprise), SEMRush, aHREFS, Google Search Console, Google My Business, Regex, Screaming Frog (or other similar crawler), some SEO copywriting experience, JSON/Schema (for hotels or travel a plus)
- Google Ads (familiarity with all Ad models, tCPA, ROAS, eCPC, etc.), Facebook Business Ads Manager (familiar with hands on campaign tactics within Facebook), Experience buying online banner ad/media/programmatic (e.g. – Quantcast, Adara, Sojern, Centro, etc.) a plus.
- Prior experience managing SEO, SEM, or PPC for a consumer eComm website (hotel a plus, preferably multi-property site at Enterprise Level), preferably working as the Head of SEO/SEM.
- A proven and successful track record in delivering the business results through multi-channel marketing management and KPI measurement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Search Engine Optimization