Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health's commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives Responsibilities
Registered Nurses in the Float Pool support various department within the hospital by providing patient (direct and indirect) care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The RN also directs and guides patient teaching, activities of ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
As a member of the Float Pool:
Qualifications Education Requirements
- Pay rate is based on your years of nursing experience plus a competitive Premium Pay.
- Additional shift and weekend differentials are added where applicable.
- Eligible for a generous tuition assistance program.
- Financially incentivized Professional Recognition for Excellence Program (PREP).
Certification and Licensure Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing (Required)
Experience and Skills
- P A Registered Nurse License (Required)
- American Heart Association (BLS) CPR Certification (Required)
- CPI within 1-month of hire
- Dysrhythmia course within 3-months of hire or test out
- ACLS within 6-months of hire
- 1-year experience as a professional nurse (Preferred)
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Basic Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified