JOB TITLE: Building Maintenance Technician DEPARTMENT:
Hourly Non-Exempt REPORTS TO:
Human Resources Manager JOB SUMMARY:
The Building Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance operations to avoid costly repairs. Will be responsible for the upkeep of the buildings, and providing general maintenance. Tasks include general maintenance, plumbing electrical, and air-conditioning. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repairs structures such as cabinets, shelves, furniture, and equipment; installs floor coverings, and acoustical ceilings. Repairs locks, doors, and related items.
- Performs electrical repairs such as replacing switches, and wiring; repairs faucets, plumbing, and machinery.
- Paints buildings interiors and exteriors.
- Purchases necessary items for maintenance projects.
- Estimates materials costs, labor, and time needed for projects.
- Coordinates and oversees contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Capable of driving a forklift, and operating a pallet jack.
- Responsible for general maintenance and upkeep of the buildings.
- Maintains an ongoing services maintenance program for all buildings.
- Assists with the logistics, and preparation and breakdown for Trade Shows
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
- High School diploma or GED
- Three to five years in a maintenance position or similar.
- Experience in electrical, carpentry, painting, and general repairs.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools; such as hammers, drills, saws, and wrenches.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals or parts catalogs.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually and capable of self-directing their tasks to ensure on time completion.
- Professional demeanor and attitude at all times.
- Willingness to submit to a drug and background check
- Willingness to submit to Covid-19 Vaccine
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs., lift, push, pull, bend, squat, reach above shoulders, climb stairs, and walk frequently throughout the day.
- Capable of working outside, at times in inclement weather, and exposure to water, dust, dirt, grease, pain fumes, chemicals, equipment noise and vibration.
- Follows all safety policies and guidelines (uses PPE as required).
- Thoroughly researches vendors, and negotiates the best pricing for projects.
- Ensures that projects are within budget and these are completed within the established period.
- Follows all safety standards and policies when handling all hand and power tools to ensure no accidents occur.
- Successfully maintains an ongoing maintenance program for the buildings and all equipment.
- Ensures that all safety guidelines (use of PPE), and requirements are being followed by contractors and maintenance employees.
T he company offers a competitive Benefits Package including base salary, bonus, expense reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Health Benefits, and 401K. Also an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.