You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Data Engineer (Remote)
Signet Jewelers is seeking an outstanding Data Engineer to join the EDL (Enterprise Data Lake) team. Signet Jewelers has a culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. The goal is to help Business to see and understand their use of the AWS Cloud. We collect and process multiple data points every day into actionable information in the Data Lake and make it available to our internal service owners to analyze their business and service our external customers. The 3-tier architecture is being built from the ground and this role is for a Data Engineer who will Design and build the final layer which is consumed by Business for analytics and reporting. The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. The Candidate should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices. The successful candidate will shape and build AWS data lake and supporting systems for years to come.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Design, build and operationalize large scale enterprise data solutions and applications using one or more of AWS data and analytics services in combination with 3rd parties but not limited to S3, RedShift, Kinesis, Lambda, Glue etc.
Analyze, re-architect and re-platform on-premise data warehouses to data platforms on AWS cloud using AWS.
- Perform detail assessments of current state data platforms and create an appropriate transition path to AWS cloud.
- Align closely with Enterprise partners in data science, architecture, governance, infrastructure, and security to apply standards and optimize production environments and practices.
- Collaborate with business owners to optimize data collection, storage and usage to maximize the value of information within supported systems.
- Translate business needs into data architecture solutions, designing and implementing in production environments within supported data systems.
- Implements data orchestration pipelines, data sourcing, cleansing, augmentation and quality control processes within supported data systems.
- Develops, tests and integrates new data features and functionality as defined by the product owners and business team
- Work closely with senior engineers to model, implement data pipelines that feed into or from data systems across our retail and digital business.
- Own the delivery of data modelling and data pipelines to the Data Marts layer from the Landing layer.
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Understand the Reporting requirements and design, develop and build supporting views, OLAP models and ETL processes required to support visualization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline is preferred
Years of Job-Related Experience Required:
1-2+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
1+ years developing solutions for AWS Quicksight or Visualizations on Data lake.
- Amazon Redshift
- Business Intelligence
- Business Requirements
- Computer Engineering
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 19262_8686_588718143
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.