Deloitte Energy & Industrials Research Center is part of Deloitte's Energy, Resources & Industrials (ER&I) industry practice, where more than 9,000 practitioners-representing the Oil, Gas & Chemicals; Industrial Products, A&D & Construction; and Power, Utilities & Renewables sectors-collaborate to address Deloitte's clients' most critical and complex challenges.
The ER&I Energy & Industrials Research Center develops and publishes research and analysis on external facing digital and accessible platforms to:
* Provide innovative and strategic insights to support the growth of the ER&I industry, sectors, and client portfolio via in depth analytical reports, client briefings and issue summaries
* Position and evolve Deloitte's brand with clients and the marketplace
We are seeking a full-time industrial products & construction research senior manager to support the research, writing and analysis of industry issues. The primary output will be quantitative analysis and research papers that address key issues facing industrial companies, investors and stakeholders.
* Bachelor's Degree required; Master's degree/MBA preferred
* 8 - 10 years of relevant professional experience in the industrial products and/or manufacturing industry
* Previous position in management consulting, government relations, or academia preferred
Subject Matter Qualifications
* In depth knowledge of the US/global industrial products and manufacturing sectors is required (e.g. industrial conglomerates, engineering and construction, heavy equipment, or manufacturing supply chain)
* Familiarity with key industry data sources and analytical models/scenarios is preferred.
* Ability to work with external partners and internal cross-sectoral teams to craft effective and concise insights and research.
* Strong writing and editorial skills with an ability to translate research to client perspectives and concerns.
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills; ability to think creatively and bring data modeling and other analysis to key industry issues
* Exposure to and training in analytical methods, including: statistical methods, interpretation of statistical results; statistical software/visualization tools such as SPSS,® STATA, R, or Tableau is a plus
* Strong people skills with an ability to shape/influence the strategic thinking of senior business executives (internal and external) on emerging issues/trends
* Build relationships and credibility with internal senior practice leaders by demonstrating consultative skills that generate demand for projects that are aligned with firm and Research Center priorities
* Strong public speaking ability, including presenting papers and research at senior leadership meetings, conferences, webinars and client meetings
* Strong project management skills and an excellent attention to detail
* Self-starter, independent thinker and resourceful
* Ability to work effectively with others, many of whom may be geographically remote
* Collegial and team-oriented; willing to pitch in and "wear many hats"
* Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
* Flexibility and adaptability required
* Coaching capabilities, particularly around the research and writing process
* Limited sponsorship may be available
* Ability to travel 5-10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 109239
- Attention To Detail
- Critical Thinking