Apex Systems is looking for an Analytical Chemist for our pharmaceutical client in Boulder, CO. This will be a 6 month contract that is expected to be extended. The Analytical Chemist will perform analytical research and development activities for the purpose of designing/improving a manufacturing process or technology by performing the following duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in development of new processes by applying analytical skills and training.
- Participates in the development of new and innovative analytical chemistry and methodology, supporting manufacturing and regulatory needs. Facilitates and supports analytical technology transfers.
- Participates in the development of key technologies and transfer strategies that function well in a manufacturing environment.
- Plans and formulates aspects of analytical research and development proposals such as objectives or purpose of project, applications that can be utilized from findings, cost of project, equipment, and human resource requirements.
- Develops, implements, and validates analytical methods and procedures for monitoring projects.
- Keeps accurate records and documents experimentation.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of internal, corporate, and ICH stability guidelines
- Participates in manufacturing site activities, such as troubleshooting and analytical problem resolving.
- Develops an understanding of QEH&S principles and regulatory affairs.
- Analyzes batches of drug substance and/or intermediates to be used in clinical or registration programs.
- Responsible for properly managing the generation and accumulation of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Works flexible hours including weekends and nights to accommodate the production/validation schedule.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Chemistry with 3 years of industry experience
- HPLC experience required
- Presentation and persuasion skills.
- Developed written and verbal communication skills.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
High Performance Liquid Chromatography