To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
601 North Congress Avenue
Evansville, IN 47715
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Production Controls Manager
Guardian Industries • Evansville, IN
Posted 27 days ago
Who is Guardian Industries?
Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or the grilles on the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
SRG Global is seeking you to become our next Production Controls Manager!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes
This position will be based in Evansville, IN, and is a key plant and functional leadership position, reporting directly to the site Plant Manager. We aim to hire individuals who are highly self-motivated and energetic, ambitious and career-oriented, flexible, confident and competitive through teams and able to manage through influence.The Evansville Production Controls Manager will lead plant supply chain activity and be responsible for a team managing customer service, master & finite scheduling, warehousing, shipping / material handling and inventory within the Evansville facility. The Supply Chain Manager will also be responsible for developing, updating, and modifying internal plant kanban systems and external, inter-plant kanban systems. This role will be responsible to drive plant supply chain excellence and collaborate with the region to apply proven practices that ensure continuous improvement. This role serves as a key member of the Evansville site leadership team and must be able to work cross functionally to meet plant and business objectives. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with complex operations and logistics discussions related to managing a plant supply chain while keeping the customer at the center of our business processes.
- Master and Finite Scheduling
- Partner with regional supply chain planning to ensure accurate operational inputs and an executable 12-month rough cut plan as a part of a successful Sales and Operations Planning process.
- Establish and publish weekly assembly heijunka schedules based on customer demand and inventory planning
- Establish and publish weekly paint and plate level load plans based on assembly and customer consumption rates in the heijunka plan.
- Update hourly production rate goals on status boards for assembly.
- Define non-repetitive kanban systems to manage the flow of material for past model service and current model production determined to be non-repetitive.
- Manage daily releases of non-repetitive work into the non-repetitive kanban system.
- Review and update kanban system levels periodically based on sales history, new program launches, and program retirements.
- Manage new product introduction, ensuring adherence to launch timelines and manufacturing readiness.
- Customer Service Management
- Create detailed schedules and time lines to ensure customer shipment dates and equipment specifications are met and the number of expediated deliveries are minimized.
- Develop strong working relationships with external and internal customers to ensure delivery schedules are met.
- Inventory Management:
- Develop an inventory plan that supports plant and regional customer service and working capital goals.
- Analyze the inventory plan to determine how to improve inventory turns, eliminate excess & obsolescence and optimize customer service.
- Warehouse Management
- Lead the team in implementing and maintaining the process for managing product flow through the warehouse to optimize space and increase efficiency.
- Lead the team in designing and implementing plant warehouse strategies for both WIP, rack availability, packaging and finished goods.
- Shipping / Material Handling Management
- Partner with regional and plant resources to develop plans for planning transportation capacity, warehouse/dock capacity and returnable assets
- Develop conveyance methods, routes, and equipment for purchased parts, WIP, and finished goods to support the manufacturing process, including heijunka schedules and level loads.
What You Will Need?
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Supply Chain Management or Engineering/Operations
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Supply Chain / Operations, with at least 3 years of experience leading a team
- Proven operational leadership, with in-depth understanding of material handling, warehouse optimization, inventory management and site logistics.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to communicate to people at all levels
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, as well as strong skills as a negotiator to reach consensus, buy in and commitment
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Willingness to travel as needed; typically, 10-15% of the time
- APICS CPIM certification preferred
- Experience with Kanban in a manufacturing environment preferred
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Market Based Management: Advance our culture by continuously improving the understanding and application of MBM.
- Safety: Ensure company policies and expectations are understood and enforced. Stop-Think-Ask
- Customer Focus: Developing and sustaining productive internal and external customer relationships
- Leadership: A self-starter with the confidence to develop and communicate strategy within the production plant as well as take input to ensure business needs are being met
- People Management: Effectively execute the expectations regarding Role of the Supervisor.
- Change Management: Facilitating and driving the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace
- Time Management: Ability to multitask between both strategic and tactical activities
- Knowledge Sharing: Facilitate the sharing of best practices within the plant and with peers regionally.
- Collaboration: Ability to work effectively within the plant and across region supply chain to resolve issues and drive continual improvement.
- Performance Management: Develop analytics systems and data management capabilities including metrics and reporting. Prioritize, assign, monitor and improve the performance of the supply chain team.
What Do We Have To Offer?
If you have been looking for an environment where people are valued, entrepreneurial spirit is boundless and opportunities for success are based on merit, and if you want to add value to your company, then Guardian Industries may be the place for you.