To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Ramon, CA 94582
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Area Director, Credit/Collections
Robert Half International • San Ramon, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOB REQUISITIONArea Director, Credit/Collections
Robert Half is seeking an Area Director, Credit/Collections to lead the Credit and Collections team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible and accountable for directing the daily activities of their credit teams in their assigned geographical areas.
- Responsible and accountable for risk management and administration/collections of accounts receivables generated by sales revenue on all assigned accounts, including directing negotiations with clients and senior Sales management.
- Specifically responsible for successful monthly collections of a multi-million dollar portfolio ($100+ million), bad debt performance goals and DSO expectation compliance.
- Recommend and create productivity and staffing credit and collections metrics, and monitor the overall performance to ensure the effective operation of the Credit department.
- Create a work environment that fosters the Corporate values and guiding principles.
- Assume responsibilities beyond the scope of normal work duties.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to a large collections team handling multi-million dollar portfolios in receivables.
- Responsible for managing human resources; hiring, retaining and development of people. Manage the administration of yearly performance reviews, including salary and bonus administration.
- Responsible for the development of strategic plans, recommend and implement process improvements, including technological advancements that impact productivity and efficiency of the credit and collections functions/department.
- Responsible for the overall administration and enforcement of the Corporate Credit & Collections policies.
- Recommend and implement changes where necessary to meet overall business objectives and which often times have company-wide effect.
- Develop strategic departmental plans and objectives.
- Create and deliver monthly credit score card/credit statistics reports to senior field management, and highlight areas of concern/opportunities, etc.
- Seek to understand and address the concerns and interests of others with opposing viewpoints.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others.
- Lead change and support those who initiate change.
- Practice conformance with company policies embodying commitment to ethical, honest conduct.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal senior level management and customers.
- Be able to influence or gain acceptance from others, in sensitive situations regarding matters of financial implications to the department and/or organization (sales adjustments, financial settlements, write-offs that ultimately leads to a field compensation/ commissions impact).
- Lead, direct or participate in cross-departmental special projects.
- Foster a sense of energy, ownership, and personal commitment to the work.
- Review, analyze, interpret and identify trends and variances in ad-hoc and scheduled reports which may reflect data from the entire RH Credit organization.
- Generate and analyze credit and collections reports, and interpret areas of concern for executive management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance, or equivalent work experience.
- Special training in Business management, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Credit & Collections, & Negotiation.
- 10+ years’ of credit and collections background required, in a high volume environment. Industry-related experience is preferable.
- 5+ years’ of management experience.
- Aptitude to utilize major mainframe operating systems (Salesforce, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, etc.) and Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access.
- Credit and Collections related undergraduate, graduate and seminar courses work is helpful.
- Strong leadership skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California corporate office. We are Robert Half - Take a look!
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
JOB LOCATIONCA SAN RAMON CORP