To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr Parts Technician, Machinery Customer Support (8:30am - 5:30pm)
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Inc. • Atlanta, GA
Posted 3 hours ago
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Machinery Parts Technician assists internal and external customers with machinery related parts and technical inquiries. Creates machinery parts quotations and identifies alternatives when necessary. Working closely with the purchasing and service teams, identifies part failure trends, and provides ongoing updates to Machinery Customer Support manager.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports internal and external customers with machinery parts inquiries by identifying the correct replacement part; utilizing all available resources, including manuals, schematics, and applied knowledge of metalworking machinery.
- Creates machinery parts quotations for internal and external customers, identifies alternatives and removes obstacles from the buying process.
- Responds to parts email inquiries via NetAgent contact management system within targeted 24-hour timeframe.
- Determines machine warranty status on all parts inquiries, coordinating with Machinery Service team when necessary, and arranges for replacement part shipment.
- Enters orders and retrieves product and customer information using AS400/NSOE system and Web SOE.
- Maintains and updates machinery and parts library, including operations manuals, parts schematics and online resources.
- Maintains continued education and training on machining technologies via industry/vendor seminars and online courses.
- Achieves sales and gross margin targets in accordance with MSC machinery business goals and guidelines
- Maintains a personal log to ensure proper tracking of incoming calls/emails, their status and resolution.
- Applies continuous improvement process to continually identify opportunities and eliminate waste and inefficiencies.
- Identifies machinery-related product training opportunities and communicates them to MSC machinery leadership.
- Learns and fosters the MSC culture in the team and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- To meet customer service requirements, associates can be temporarily reassigned to other functions within the team.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of technical experience in the industrial field required.
- Two years industrial parts experience preferred.
- Two years blue print interpretation of machinery schematics.
- Two years of experience in sales preferred.
- Prior experience machining experience in machining NC programing and machinery set up preferred.
- Experienced in the operation of general machine shop equipment.
- Machinery product and technical knowledge required.
- Ability to perform advance mathematical calculations required.
- Ability to apply accepted industry formulas to calculate application recommendations required.
- Prioritization and problem-solving skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.