To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pierre, SD 57501
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
GAF • Pierre, SD
Posted 1 month ago
Craving a new challenge?
GAF is seeking a high energy sales professional with a track record of building successful relationships and closing new business. The Territory Manager – Steep Slope is responsible for the sale of the complete line of GAF residential roofing products within the Central and West areas of both North and South Dakota. This position requires 50% overnight travel. As Territory Manager, you will act as a liaison between GAF and our clients, making sure to keep both sides happy. We're here to help our customers build genuine relationships with their customers — the kinds of relationships that create powerful, active communities around our best in class brand.
- Attack: Pinpoint market opportunities with contractors, distribution, lumber dealers, retail, and co-ops; with the mindset to build lasting and meaningful relationships. Expect to juggle competing priorities and client requests/deadlines on a regular basis.
- Build: Own, progress and close the sales funnel, turning potential opportunities to closed wins, through value-selling the benefits of GAF products. Overcome objections and convert hurdles into growth opportunities.
- Persist: Display strong negotiating tactics by leveraging value propositions and pricing strategies.
- Strategize: Compile reporting to highlight hits, misses, learning, competitive landscape and strategic next steps; proactively identifying opportunities to exceed expectations and position our clients as leaders in their space.
- Consult: Influence the building materials industry; constantly networking to become a trusted advisor to existing and potential customers. Navigate when to defer to a client's request vs. when to guide a client to make better choices. Thrive on expert problem solving, determining solutions that executing favorable results. Engage and educate customers with insight and product knowledge via distributor/contractor meetings. Explain complex subject matters (e.g. pricing) to any audience and tactfully communicate both good & bad news.
- Stand Out: Make your presence known at customer shows, conventions and other industry related activities.
- Impact: Be pleasant to work with and keep a positive outlook. Know how to have fun, but know how to balance it with work. Embrace and respect different personalities and work with various groups to accomplish territory sales goals. Utilize social media to gain further insight in the market i.e. industry trends, market practices as well as using it to communicate with customers
- Win: Display diplomacy and a mastered ability to build immediate rapport with anyone. Close the deal.
- Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred.
- Sales experience in the building material industry is preferred. Multi-channel experience selling roofing materials to distributor, contractor, lumber dealer, two step, architect, property homeowner, retail & Co-Ops is ideal.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite and CRM experience is needed.
Why you’ll love your career at GAF:
Our team loves what they do and our clients love the industry knowledge, exceptional service, and genuine care provided by our Territory Managers. You will get exposure to the proven winning GAF culture that delivers industry leading results!