This position is responsible for the organized, efficient operation of the Front Office and Guest Services at the Hershey Lodge.
About the Hershey Lodge:
The Hershey Lodge located in "The Sweetest Place on Earth", Hershey, PA has been building a tradition of fine service and excellence accommodations for over 45 years. With 4 full service restaurants, over 665 rooms and 100,000 square feet of meeting room space, the Hershey Lodge is one of the largest convention facilities in Pennsylvania. To review information about the Hershey Lodge, visit www.HersheyLodge.com
- Supervise the day to day operations of Guest Services and Front Office.
- Interviewing, training, scheduling, coaching, and evaluating front desk attendants, PBX operators, night auditors, bell persons, greeters, and drivers
- Assisting front desk attendants with check-ins and check-outs; assisting PBX operators with telephones
- Assisting the greeters with the arrival process, the bell staff with luggage tagging and valet, the Concierge with organizing transportation needs, Ticket sales, and extending service, the driver team with transportation schedule; assisting the night audit staff with front desk and accounting functions
- Effectively use/manage property management system
- Running and reviewing reports relative to property and guests
- Monitor staffing levels to maximize service and profitability.
- Assist in responding/giving resolution to guest inquiries and concerns
- Assist in overseeing all Human Resource functions for employees including hiring, on-boarding, training, scheduling, payroll, and personnel issues.
- Assist in overseeing & monitoring ticketing processes including inventory, audit and financial analysis.
- Coordinate and execute responses to guest correspondence for Hershey Lodge.
- Work with Convention Services to facilitate group requests including, but not limited to transportation, room deliveries, special service, tours, valet events, and dinner reservations.
- Promote a safe, sanitary, and attractive environment for guests and employees.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of Four Diamond Quality Standards.
- Assist VIP Manager with ensuring the integrity and service excellence relative to VIP and guest loyalty program
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver' license.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in hospitality/resorts environment, preferably in guest services or relative department.
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree. If no degree, a total of four (4) years relative work experience is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines through effective time management and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of property management systems (ResortSuite preferred), and experience using a payroll system.
- Must embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others).
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs and will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays (40-60 hour work week)
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Hardworking And Dedicated
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 15672
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
to Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company (HE&R), we are a world-class
entertainment & hospitality company located in the heart of Hershey, PA. Every
member of our team goes above and beyond to deliver the ultimate experience –
one that will create lasting memories for our guests and foster success for our
employees, company and community.
View the full profile
is a privately held company founded in 1927 when our founder, Milton S.
Hershey, separated his chocolate manufacturing operations from his other
businesses. Our nearly 1,600 full-time and more than 6,200 seasonal/part-time
employees share a common goal of upholding the legacy of our founder while
striving to live by our company's Core Values: Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless
Spirit of Service, Team Focused, and Respectful of Others.