Johnson Service Group, a nationwide engineering and technical staffing firm, is currently hiring for a Maintenance Mechanic for a large client in the NW Suburbs of Chicago. The Maintenance Mechanic must have experience with Allen Bradley PLC and will ideally have some exposure to GMP and AIB procedures. The details for the Maintenance Mechanic position are below:
Maintain Equipment and Facilities:
- Perform all job functions safe, lock out tag-out procedures, And Comply with Osha and company safety rules and regulations.
Perform maintenance tasks according to Preventative Maintenance (PM) schedules:
- Repair equipment and facilities as required.
- Keep records of all maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain adequate inventory of all critical spare parts.
- Monitor production equipment during processing insure the safe, efficient operation.
Provide Technical Support:
- Maintain good communications with employees of all departments.
- Implement improvements to equipment, facilities, and process.
- Stay informed of improvements by O.E.M.
- Keep staff informed of pending repairs and projects.
- Provide budgetary information as required.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling, and implementation of projects.
- Assist in the orientation and training of new employees.
All Maintenance Mechanics must be able to:
- Perform all job functions in a safe, lock out tag-out procedures.
- Comply with Osha and company safety rules and regulations
- Understand GMP and AIB procedures.
- Move large objects that can weigh in excess of 100 lbs.
- Operate forklifts, man lift and electric pallet jack.
- Troubleshoot electrical, PLCs, include Telemecanique, Siemens, Allen Bradley, B&R, Allen Bradley systems experience is REQUIRED
- Pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical breakdowns and equipment failure.
- Enter confined spaces and perform all necessary job functions.
- Work on equipment higher than 20 feet from the ground.
- Climb ladders that extend beyond 20 feet.
- Read electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic diagrams and schematics.
- Use various electronic test equipment, shop tools, and all available power tools.
- Identify and order parts from a large variety of equipment manuals.
- Work overtime and/or any shift as needed.
- Perform all job functions in adverse conditions, which include, but are not limited to, adverse lighting, extreme cold, high temperatures, high humidity, high noise levels, and exposure to all weather conditions.
- Weld steel, aluminum, and stainless steel.
- Communicate in English, using documentation and verbal methods.
- Use various PCs,
- Perform all job functions in a safe, efficient manner.
- Complete pre-employment physical, drug screen, hearing test, and written department test.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)