To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hazelwood, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Embedded Systems Software Engineer
Cardinal Health • Hazelwood, MO
Posted 1 month ago
What R & D Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Research and Development Engineering is responsible for developing and implementing new products through adherence to established design control processes and good engineering and documentation practices.
The Embedded Systems Software Engineer will perform Software / Firmware design on microcontroller-based medical products. This role will involve software design and development for new products in the Medical Device industry. Additionally, some maintenance of business for legacy medical products will be needed. This position requires coordination with internal and external cross functional teams.
- Software development throughout the entire product development cycle (Concept, Feasibility, Development, Qualification, and Launch)
- Provides creative solutions while showing leadership to effectively promote their ideas
- Able to manage themselves and encourage others to complete tasks on schedule
- Able to work to in a cross functional environment (R&D, Marketing, Regulatory, Manufacturing, Clinical, Quality, Legal, and Packaging)
- Follow corporate procedures (such as executing Engineering Changes Notices)
- Generates comprehensive design documentation
- Writes Verification and Validation Protocols and generates test reports
- Able to work with outside suppliers as needed
- Able to organize and lead meetings (such as design reviews)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in related field required; BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related degree preferred.
- 0-2 years related work experience required
- Ability to follow instructions accurately and work as a member of a team
- Experience developing software/firmware for embedded devices is a plus
- Electromechanical device development experience is a plus
- C, C++, Java, Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET is a plus
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform routine tasks
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity
- Follows established procedures to resolve readily identifiable technical problems
- Works under direct supervision and receives detailed instructions
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.