Overview: This high volume, Multi-state Corporation is seeking a Corporate Credit Manager to join their accounting and finance team. This position will oversee a team of local and remote credit managers to handle a very highly transactional, $100 million monthly business.
The Corporate Credit Manager will be reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for managing, collaborating and supporting internal stakeholders and customers across the country. Strong internal and external communication and interpersonal relationship building skills are critical in this position.
We Are Looking For Someone Who Demonstrates
- Intense collaboration and communication skills
- Passionate customer service and management skills
- Focused and disciplined execution of the credit and collection process
- Strong commitment to continuous process improvement
- Strong internal and remote team management skills and ability to develop performance metrics.
Some of the things you’ll do
- Oversee new customer credit applications including accessing credit agency data, collecting trade references, bank trades, to open new accounts. Assist credit team in assessing marginal accounts and similar issues as necessary
- Review and approve credit limits ranging from $5K to over $1MM for both public and private companies
- Evaluate and manage customer portfolios with $100MM in credit risk, by working with the Sales, Finance, and Operations teams.
- Manage DSO, bad debt reserves, and create management reports advising as to the current status of collections, and red flags such as pending bankruptcy or other collection issues
- Develop and deliver presentations, reports, analysis, and recommendations to internal business partners and management regarding challenging customers, changes in industry business trends and status on ongoing process improvement practices.
- Develop strategies for loss mitigation and coordinate efforts with customers, finance, operations and Legal teams when needed.
- Review and update policies and procedures to better manage the end-to-end credit cycle for customers.
- Oversee the implementation of a new Payment Management Cycle software (Prior implementation experience required)
- Flexibility to work in different time zones on a regular basis.
Desired or Required Skillset
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ work experience with a track record of increased responsibility in credit risk management.
- Experience in a large, fast-paced, multi-state company in an industrial, construction, transportation or related industry
- Experience with liens, lien releases, certificates of insurance, various types of security instruments and collection efforts
- Must be an independent, self-starter, great problem solver, and communicator within a complex organization.
- Must be very detailed oriented
- Must be willing to take ownership and accountability for all customer credit risk related activities
- Experience with the implementation and use of a Payment Cycle Management solution such as Billtrust or similar (Required).
- Proficient in MS Office including: Excel (VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables), Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in designing credit models (i.e. risk rating and scoring)
Some of the benefits you’ll receive
As an integral part of the management team you’ll receive:
- Competitive Compensation and Annual Performance bonus (up to 20%)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Relocation offered to the New Orleans Region, (Geismar Area)
#creditmanager #collections #jobs #billtrust #NACM #CCE #creditrisk
Complex Problem Solving